Boss GS1

• Thread starter Nightside
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A bit more than I'd spend on something like that but I like the idea and would be interested in hearing it. I'm on the fence on the design: part of me likes it, part of me thinks it looks like a budget beginner guitar.

mbardu

Reaction score
The main takeaway from this article to me is that Boss's boss's name is Yoshi

beeegDx3Zc4xV4AAwvND.jpg

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
This seems like it's trying to be too many things at once. Give it five years and it'll be an offset strat with a dead multiFX board inside.

Cool body shape, though, almost TB500ish.

77zark77

Reaction score
I don't speak Japanese, but the guy looks very enthousiast ! er...
I still work on my GR55 to reduce the latencies, maybe I sell it and buy this ?

Demiurge

Reaction score
Perhaps there's a market for the all-in-one factor, but I'd much rather have a MIDI-out to run gear or software. Boss' site mentions that the wireless expression pedal is MIDI but it's unclear if you can get the note data out. Wouldn't this have been a great opportunity to incorporate MIDI 2.0?!

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Dude I just saw Mooer put out a guitar with built in modeling...now this...c'mon Variax with built in HX stomp!!!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are they just putting some variant of the VG setup in their own branded guitar vs. Fender or Strandberg?

Also, inb4 Firebird X.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Non-matching headstock and cheap looking trem do make it look Mor elike a cheap starter. Is this their answer to the Line 6 Variax?

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Non-matching headstock and cheap looking trem do make it look Mor elike a cheap starter. Is this their answer to the Line 6 Variax?

It techincally "does more" but the package (meaning the guitar itself) is worse and with a limited release of one model, the concern would be how long it'll be supported. Having a lot of different Variax models over the last idk, almost 20 years gives you some confidence you can get parts if necessary and the line will continue/expand over time.

There's no expectation the Boss GS1 will have it's own ecosystem.

RazerX666

Reaction score
I don't think this is a Variax copy. I don't see anything in the ads about guitar modeling, just mention of their guitar synthesizers. I also don't think this is meant to be like their GR and SY systems either.

My take away from the advertising thus far is rather than turning the guitar into a midi controller and controlling external hardware/software, I think the synth engine is meant to be used as an augment or an alternative to the guitars tone, thus the normal audio out in lieu of a GK-style output.

Basically, you run this like a normal guitar, into a normal guitar rig. The only difference is your using a synth engine to produce the sound, not just the pickups. Again, that's just my take away from it but I could be completely off.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
^I dont think anyone was saying its a variax copy, we're asking for something similar to come to variax.

RazerX666

Reaction score
^I dont think anyone was saying its a variax copy, we're asking for something similar to come to variax.
I was mainly responding to comments like this ↓ that compare it to the utility of the Variax.

Is this their answer to the Line 6 Variax?
To me, the Eurus doesn't look like any attempt to capture the audience of the Variax, just a different way for using their guitar synths.

')