Boss Hm 2 Swedish Death Metal Style

• Thread starter Simon Dorn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Simon Dorn

Reaction score
Boss Hm2 in action - just for fun!
smile.gif

Cheers Simon

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wakjob

Reaction score
Classic! Makes me want to break out my HM2.

rythmic_pulses

Bari/Bass VI Nerd
Reaction score

Just sharing the love :lol:, I bought mine at the start of this year, I couldn't be happier with it really and to find I got a 1983 Jap one too was great as well, they are noisy buggers though, I also bought a Laney LV300H Half Stack and it sounds killer through that too. :yesway:

artmachine

Reaction score
I picked up the behringer hm300 a few months ago, which is a clone of the hm-2. I think it only ran me like $25. It's so fun to jam with. I love the buzz saw tone in the right situations.

rythmic_pulses

Bari/Bass VI Nerd
Reaction score
I picked up the behringer hm300 a few months ago, which is a clone of the hm-2. I think it only ran me like $25. It's so fun to jam with. I love the buzz saw tone in the right situations.

I have one of those too, they make great backups for the real thing in the right situation, the only problem I have with it is the extra treble the HM300 has, it kinda lacks that necessary bottom end, totally usable though. :hbang:

artmachine

Reaction score
I have one of those too, they make great backups for the real thing in the right situation, the only problem I have with it is the extra treble the HM300 has, it kinda lacks that necessary bottom end, totally usable though. :hbang:
Yeah I feel you there. I mean, that tone is already pretty extreme, but the hm300 is a little thin. I just kick in some extra lows from my amp and I'm usually satisfied though.

WhiteWalls

Reaction score
This pedal basically changed my life the moment I heard the Blinded By Fear by At The Gates for the first time. All I could think of was "this is the greatest guitar tone ever and nothing will ever beat it"

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
One fantastic album with the HM-2 sound all over : Edge of Sanity - Purgatory Afterglow :hbang:

Reaction score
That sound reminds me of Rotten Sound, does it sound similar to anyone else? Unique frequency spikes?:

wakjob

Reaction score
There is a long thread in a pedal mod forum about the HM2.

One person put it on some kind of analyzer and got a visual of what specific frequencies are prominent in the HM2.

I'm sure a really good EQ could get pretty close with this info.

Simon Dorn

Reaction score
That sound reminds me of Rotten Sound, does it sound similar to anyone else? Unique frequency spikes?:
Entombed, Dismember...

:hbang:
There is a long thread in a pedal mod forum about the HM2.

One person put it on some kind of analyzer and got a visual of what specific frequencies are prominent in the HM2.

I'm sure a really good EQ could get pretty close with this info.

Just not the same! Why would try to emulate, when you can have the real deal for 60 bucks?

wakjob

Reaction score
True...true.

Just thought it was interesting for those who can't find one.

I'm on my third one. Mods I did on the first one were ok, but it's the pedal's shortcomings that make it so special.

DOD Super American Metal pedal is nearly identical circuit wise.

artmachine

Reaction score
True...true.

Just thought it was interesting for those who can't find one.

I'm on my third one. Mods I did on the first one were ok, but it's the pedal's shortcomings that make it so special.

DOD Super American Metal pedal is nearly identical circuit wise.
Oh really? Do they sound the same? I've never heard that before. DOD pedals intrigue me. I've owned a few and currently own a graphic eq. Some of them are really cool and some of them seem kind of useless.

wakjob

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty sure it's the DOD FX56-B 'Super American Metal'.

I think I came across a clip of one on YT that was doing the swedish chainsaw thing really well.

They are not of Boss build quality, meaning they can't take the beating like a Boss. But component wise, IC's, caps, resistors, PCB are all top notch. I'd maybe fault the switch and pots, but thats about it.

OH! and the battery door's on those older DOD's are notorious for getting lost.

')