Boss LS-2 makes for a violently powerful clean boost.

• Thread starter Bearitone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Wanted to come on here and say that the Boss LS-2 makes for a ridiculously good clean boost imo.
It doesn't make anything tighter, it just absolutely slams the front end like nothing I've personally tried before.
Perfect for a making a dry gain channel richer and thicker.
The saturation, compression, and sustain from it are great for fattening up cleans too. If you go full blast with it it can make a clean channel totally fall apart in a fun way.

I'm just overall happily surprised and wanted to share.

If you already have one, jump one of its loops and try it out.

Here it is on my board as it stands.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen one used that way, but it makes perfect sense :metal: theoretically you could patch both loops and get double the boost, too

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
From your description it sounds like exactly what I've been looking for in a boost. Might have to give it a shot, that's pretty ingenious.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Manual says -20 dB, but I assume it's a typo. +20 dB sounds rather large, I wonder how that compares to other boosts.
Capture.PNG

Werecow

Reaction score
Manual says -20 dB, but I assume it's a typo. +20 dB sounds rather large, I wonder how that compares to other boosts.
View attachment 148902

The largest i know of is the 22 dB that the true TC Pre style circuits have (the ones that inlcude the internal charge pump or whatever it's called). Fortin 33, Pepers Dirty Tree etc. Getting one of the ones with the bass and treble controls (like the Dirty Tree) would let you dial in a flatter response.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
The largest i know of is the 22 dB that the true TC Pre style circuits have (the ones that inlcude the internal charge pump or whatever it's called). Fortin 33, Pepers Dirty Tree etc. Getting one of the ones with the bass and treble controls (like the Dirty Tree) would let you dial in a flatter response.
The API TranZformer GTR has 40dB.

tedtan

Reaction score
If you guys want to get crazy and happen to be in a studio somewhere, try using a Neve 1073 mic preamp as a boost: it has 80dB of gain and a variable high pass filter in case you want to tighten things up. :fawk:

')