Boss ME-80 vs pedals

• Thread starter jwoods986
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jwoods986

Reaction score
I've mostly been a straight-into-the-amp kinda player, but about 2 months ago, I brought the few pedals I own out of the closet, and bought a few more to complete what I would want as a pedal setup to play around with and experiment a little. So now I have 8 pedals and the 1 spot 9-connector power supply, but it's a little messy and wouldn't be easy to move, take to a jam, etc., so now I would be looking at $140 for a PedalTrain Classic 1 to fit them. Or do I just get an ME-80, which has all my effects (and then some!) and sell the pedals? I can't find a local shop that has the ME-80 in stock, so I'm looking for advice/opinions from the faithful. These are the pedals I have now:
Dunlop Wah
TS9DX
MXR Sub Machine (Oct/Fuzz)
EVH Phase 90
MXR Micro Flanger
MXR Analog Chorus
TC Flashback Delay

Two things to note -
1. The 8th pedal (actually, first in the chain) is a Digitech Drop, which I would still need with the ME-80 because it can't do what the Drop does.
2. I just bought a DSL40CR, and love the 4 channels, so I wouldn't really be using the preamp section of the ME-80, just the effects.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Buy a used board and power supply and enjoy.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Buy a used board and power supply and enjoy.

Sage advice. If you like the pedals you have, it'd be worth it to just put them on a board.
If you didn't have any pedals whatsoever and were looking to get a bunch but not sure which ones, then the ME-80 would make more sense because there are a ton of options to experiment with.

I agree with budda though, it'd save a lot of money, headaches & hassles to just get a pedalboard & mount what you have.

viifox

Reaction score
The quality of the fx on me80 are not that great, especially the reverbs, imo.

')