BOUNCE

• Thread starter HaveFaithWithin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here in good ol' Pennsylvania, we put out some awesome musicians. I'm not sure of the level of dislike here for this stuff, but bands like August Burns Red, Texas in July and This or the Apocalypse are all from ~15 minutes from my house.

This thread is basically about this stuff that's started around here, recently. It's really really cool. I like it, but I know it's not for everyone. It's, more or less, called Bounce. For me, the tempo of the 'bounce' parts are infectious, it makes you want to...bounce.

This is the best example, they kind of started it...around here, anyway.

FRONTLINES

FRONTLINES - Over and Out (Pre-Production) (2011) NEW Track - YouTube

If you like it, there's also

Illumineria and Existence.

I'd like to see what you guys think of this, or if this is something that exists in scene from other places.

Thanks much!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I know it's kind of...(it hurts me to say this) generic. But, it's such an awesome show. These dudes put it all out...no one in the room stops moving. It's a beautiful thing.

Part of me was expecting some kind of smart comment like that hahahaha

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
I know it's kind of...(it hurts me to say this) generic. But, it's such an awesome show. These dudes put it all out...no one in the room stops moving. It's a beautiful thing.

Part of me was expecting some kind of smart comment like that hahahaha

"BREAKDOWNS HAVE ENABLED ANY KID TO PICK UP A GUITAR START A BAND, AND IMMEDIATLY JOIN THE SCENE. THE DANGER WHEN THAT HAPPENS IS THAT THE SCENE BECOMES WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE MUSIC AND KIDS DONT EVEN REALIZE IT!" ---CHRIS STOREY ALL SHALL PERISH

edit although chris storey's music now is basically just as boring

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
"BREAKDOWNS HAVE ENABLED ANY KID TO PICK UP A GUITAR START A BAND, AND IMMEDIATLY JOIN THE SCENE. THE DANGER WHEN THAT HAPPENS IS THAT THE SCENE BECOMES WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE MUSIC AND KIDS DONT EVEN REALIZE IT!" ---CHRIS STOREY ALL SHALL PERISH

edit although chris storey's music now is basically just as boring

Chris Storey is a great guitarist who made a very stupid statement.

Animals As Leaders bores my sister, who'd rather jam Taylor Swift wherever she goes. I say that to point out that musical devices such as breakdowns, solos, or intense polyrhythmical tapping sections are all unappealing to different people. Does that invalidate them? No. Would solos become just as boring to you if every band used two or three in a song? I believe so. Wasn't that one of the reasons grunge killed hair metal? It was like a wholesale rejection of that scene.

More to the point, I have to wonder if you've ever been inside the "scene". It's a huge group of bands, fans, and friends, and there's nothing like it. Sure, a lot of the bands lack talent, but if the truly talented bands had no scene, there'd be no shows to play, and no fans to play to. This music isn't meant to burn your face off with blistering solos, it's meant to be danced to. It's social music, something the basement-dwelling-legions-of-the-interwebs have always hated.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
Chris Storey is a great guitarist who made a very stupid statement.

Animals As Leaders bores my sister, who'd rather jam Taylor Swift wherever she goes. I say that to point out that musical devices such as breakdowns, solos, or intense polyrhythmical tapping sections are all unappealing to different people. Does that invalidate them? No. Would solos become just as boring to you if every band used two or three in a song? I believe so. Wasn't that one of the reasons grunge killed hair metal? It was like a wholesale rejection of that scene.

More to the point, I have to wonder if you've ever been inside the "scene". It's a huge group of bands, fans, and friends, and there's nothing like it. Sure, a lot of the bands lack talent, but if the truly talented bands had no scene, there'd be no shows to play, and no fans to play to. This music isn't meant to burn your face off with blistering solos, it's meant to be danced to. It's social music, something the basement-dwelling-legions-of-the-interwebs have always hated.

and yeah i have been apart of the CHUG-CHUG-CHUG scene, i like deathcore (anycore) and breakdowns just fine, but its gotten old and over saturated. and most "local" bands even ones from out of state are not to impressive live.
even when i participated in the "scene" i still didnt enjoy it that much.

Latest posts

')