Brand new Agile Interceptor Pro 728 w/EMG's on its way!

Murdoc87

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and to the world of 7,8, and 9 string guitars. I've been searching for a while and doing a lot of research. After many hours on the net and playing a few I decided to pick this guy up.

Agile Interceptor Pro 728 EB EMG Tribal Red - RondoMusic.com

This will be my first 7 string. I've been playing for about 12 years and have a bunch of six string guitars but a lot of the music i like to play requires at least a seven string. I was scared of the massive 28 and 5/8" scale length. But for 599.99?!?! I just couldn't beat that price/build quality. Any tips on setup of the Floyd Rose trem, what tuning's i can use do to the huge scale length (I will most likely put this in open C or B, Big Devin Townsend fan here haha), or any other helpful tips would be cool. Can't wait until it gets here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7stg

Reaction score
I just got a M80M with a 29.4 inch scale, sure a little longer but the low B on the 7th string sounds so much better than the short 25.5 inch scale. Longer scales have less inharmonicity or where the overtone frequencies of the note played are out of tune with the fundamental. So I think you will be impressed.

Being able to handle longer scale lengths is a bit of technique and hand size. I also play bass, so that helps the hands to be used to longer scales.

Latest posts

')