Brandon Ellis Jackson Sig?

• Thread starter maliciousteve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bdtunn

Reaction score
That would be an EPIC sig !!!
But I can’t see Jackson doing another kelly since loomis has taken the Baton and ran with it.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I didn't notice that the first time, but it's definitely not the Custom Shop with the Hantug trem that he's been playing for the Verminous cycle. Maybe it is a prototype sig?

*Brian's ESP is still way cooler :)

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
I think the Kelly might be the only Jackson shape where I don't like a reverse headstock.

100% - the standard stock is symmetrical with the treble side cutaway, and the reverse throws it off.

But, I love Kellys, and standard Jackson stocks bump against the wall on my rack, so I'm torn.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
That would be an EPIC sig !!!
But I can’t see Jackson doing another kelly since loomis has taken the Baton and ran with it.
Then again, it might make it more likely seeing as they have the tooling set up to make pro series neck thru Kellys... Althought the Loomis has no bevels, and the one in that video has a larger (coarser?) crackle than the Pro series crackles, and the inlays look too sparkly to be Pro series.
Could just be wishful thinking on my behalf.

Skullet

Reaction score
I cant see a”made in usa” logo when i zoom in on the headstock however i can barely make out the Jackson logo when i zoom in lol

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Actually I was wrong, this doesn't have the bevels, which points towards the possibility of it being a pro series sig model based off the Loomis...

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Jackson_Logo-19.jpg

Definitely has the production logo. Having paused the video at the right time it looks like MOT inlays with a rosewood board. I'm thinking a Pro series model.

Bdtunn

Reaction score
Then again, it might make it more likely seeing as they have the tooling set up to make pro series neck thru Kellys... Althought the Loomis has no bevels, and the one in that video has a larger (coarser?) crackle than the Pro series crackles, and the inlays look too sparkly to be Pro series.
Could just be wishful thinking on my behalf.

that would be epic if it becomes one! As you can see by my profile pic I love me a kelly.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
That crackle finish with reverse headstock looks sick. It didn't look like a Rosewood fretboard but if they do make a sig hopefully they'll have ebony or even maple. I mean a maple fretboard would rule with that guitar!
Maple would be so sick with this.
I like the reversed headstock on Kellys and this would be a sick Pro series whatever the fretboard.

Crumbling

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Crackle finish means MIC for the production model, though the one SL3M Rainbow and the few X-Series Crackle/Swirl I've tried at the shop matches well against the Korean Ash Dinky so it might be ok.

Can't say I'm a fan of the no (or possibly black) bindings though. A nice rolled ebony board is one thing, but Jackson with no binding looks a bit cheap, and black binding needs a Maple board to pop. Production model will probably have Laurel over Rosewood like on the new Phil Demmel signature Explorer, which looks kinda icky.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
The MIC Orange crackle soloist I tried was surprisingly nice. Honestly other than the floyd being silver and licensed not OFR it felt good to play. No sharp frets or other issues.

Jackson needs to move to using richlite for ebony boards because I am done with their awful shades of brown just bringing down their entire lineup.

')