Brandon Ellis Jackson Sig?

• Thread starter maliciousteve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_R

Reaction score
Anyone else waiting on the preorder? I ordered from zzounds back in July. The keep pushing the estimated delivery back a week or two each time I’ve checked in. I get the “supply chain delays” stuff but I see other guitars coming in stock from Jackson. Must be a specific reason for this guitar only. Duncan pickup or something.

I preordered in January, I am next in line at Sweetwater but no clue when that will be. As a side note, I got to see Brandon play the sig at the San Diego show last week, and it looked and sounded epic.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Was he playing this Pro series sig? Or one of his very similar looking USA Customs?

Mike_R

Reaction score
full

Was he playing this Pro series sig? Or one of his very similar looking USA Customs?

I can't speak for the other shows, but in San Diego Brandon opened the set with his import Pro Series for the first part of the set and then swapped to the 27 fret lighter green crackle custom.

I’m 90% certain he took his customs out on tour. Someone asked that question on IG and he said it was all customs.

Sure, he took his customs out on tour. They are there along with his import sig. He has and is also playing the customs on tour, but he opened the set with the import in San Diego at least. I've still got the beer from the pit all over my Chucks. I did a little IG sleuthing, and offer the following support:

If you look at his IG, he has a video of 3 guitars in a rack at the Belasco (LA which I had a ticket for but couldn't go, ended up snagging a ticket to SD), 2 customs and his import sig (Sig is the front one, or alternately the one on the right depending what part of the video you are watching). It has a wider crackle than the custom shop in the back, and the pro series black hardware (although it looked like he swapped a push in bar) vs the titanium Hantugs on the customs. Different body profile (you can see it in the IG video), different crackle, and he talks about the bevels on the sig vs customs in a comment there, so at least one of those is a sig and it is clear which one. That wider crackle matches my picture and the crackle's unique features appear to match exactly with the Pro Series signature announcement photos. View the full sized image and compare to the photos Brandon has posted on IG, the TBDM twitter, anywhere there is a photo of him with his signature Pro Series.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I like the fact he's playing his import sig just to give it some lip service, props to him!

Mike_R

Reaction score
I like the fact he's playing his import sig just to give it some lip service, props to him!

I thought it was awesome that he was using a production model on tour which is why I mentioned it. The surf green crackle 27 fret was gorgeous too, and has a custom pickup but I have to admit by that point in the show my ears were pretty smoked and I couldn't hear a difference.

Flick

Reaction score
Jackson rep said they just received a large batch and they are going through inspection. Should be going out to dealers in the next week.

Mike_R

Reaction score
Sweetwater received a batch of these recently, and I have seen more popping up in the wild on IG and elsewhere. Mine shipped yesterday! I will hopefully have time for a NGD next week.

Mike_R

Reaction score
Anyone scored one of these lately?

I don't know if it qualifies as lately, but I got mine in November and absolutely love it. The crackle is glorious, to the point that my wife tells me how good it looks on "the wall" in our living room. She originally had told me no bright green crackle on the wall, but it nearly glows in the mornings.

Plays great too! I still have mine in E, but when I get around to it I will set it up in C Standard. Not sure how the PATB1 will do in C Standard, but it does great in E.

I'm a half year late on a NGD, but also just had a baby so not sure when I will get around to doing a NGD with photos and such. I think I need to rethink my superstrats and get a bunch of single hum, Floyd equipped pointy bois.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Too bad it's not the silver crackle one that Brandon has in some of his playthrough videos

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Too bad it's not the silver crackle one that Brandon has in some of his playthrough videos

With the slanted fretboard? I believe that's actually Seafoam green

hqdefault.jpg

I don't know if it qualifies as lately, but I got mine in November and absolutely love it. The crackle is glorious, to the point that my wife tells me how good it looks on "the wall" in our living room. She originally had told me no bright green crackle on the wall, but it nearly glows in the mornings.

Plays great too! I still have mine in E, but when I get around to it I will set it up in C Standard. Not sure how the PATB1 will do in C Standard, but it does great in E.

I'm a half year late on a NGD, but also just had a baby so not sure when I will get around to doing a NGD with photos and such. I think I need to rethink my superstrats and get a bunch of single hum, Floyd equipped pointy bois.

Amazing! Thank you. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I've heard the tuners aren't great from my research online, but I do fancy a bit of an upgrade project. I could change to a metal pickup ring, brass fine tuners for that 80's look, perhaps a strat style knob and a larger block for the floyd...

I've been a super strat / flying V player forever, how do you find the rearmost upper horn? Does it get in the way of your arm? How does it compare to a guitar with a forearm carve?

')