Brandon Ellis Jackson Sig?

• Thread starter maliciousteve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_R

Reaction score
Amazing! Thank you. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I've heard the tuners aren't great from my research online, but I do fancy a bit of an upgrade project. I could change to a metal pickup ring, brass fine tuners for that 80's look, perhaps a strat style knob and a larger block for the floyd...

I've been a super strat / flying V player forever, how do you find the rearmost upper horn? Does it get in the way of your arm? How does it compare to a guitar with a forearm carve?

Just about everything else I own right now is a super strat, so it is different for sure. That said, it hasn't been an issue for comfort or usability. I did have a Jackson Rhoads before and that didn't bother me either, so maybe I am just not that sensitive to it.

The tuners aren't great, but aren't really high up on my list of things to change other than to speed up string changes a tad. Since it is a Floyd with a locking nut there aren't really tuning stability issues with the factory keys.

I am swapping the bar to a factory Floyd push in style, but will leave the block on this one factory for now. I have messed with a few different sizes of brass blocks with Floyds, and don't prefer the heavy blocks for low tunings. I will save them for my E and E flat guitars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I totally forgot I had a King V as my main live guitar for years and that caused no issues, so I think having one of these won't be an issue. I'm looking forward to trying one!

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly, Brandon might be my favorite guitarist on the scene right now; dude's quickly becoming the Gene Hoglan of guitar, just plug him into a band and he works.
Agreed, I fanboyed out and payed for his Patreon about a week back. Dude has a 1.5 hour video of him just deconstructing his Floyd and then installing the Hantug titanium into his signature model. Goes over all the details. Even took the time to answer one of my questions while he's out touring with Exodus. Cool fucking dude and great player.

')