Brands and Features That You Love That Nobody Else Does

• Thread starter IanCBoss
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

warpedsoul

Reaction score
Perhaps if you liked Rio Grande or Lindy Fralin or any of those smaller companies (like Guitarfetish listed above) then perhaps you might be on the 'weird side'
But considering Dimarzio is a giant in the pickup world and that Dimarzio, EMG, SD and BKP are by far the most used pickups on SS.org, you're not exactly an outlier on this site :lol:

I like Rio Grande better than any of the passives I've tried. Haven't tried BKP though.

I love Schecter guitars. I know they are somewhat popular here, but not widely popular.

I use to think the sun shined out of Gibson's ass. While they do make some good guitars, they aren't worth the price. My opinion of them has dropped greatly, hence my thread asking if I should trade my LP Studio for a Washburn USA Custom WI68 (which is another brand most people dislike).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
i like my small Bugera V5 :shrug: it's been around for a couple of years and never failed. then again i haven't tried any other Bugera.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Change the thread title to include "specs" and I'd make a very, very long post :lol:

I've really come to like DBZ guitars aesthetically, never played one though. But it's usually the looks that people slag them off for anyway :)

shawnperolis

7 String Indie Game Dev
Reaction score
lulz, I was going to say Line6 but it seems like everyone else really likes them as well. I love their effects processors.

I like guitarfetish pickups, they get a lot of hate but for being cheap but (I think) they really sound great. I put them in my cheaper instruments to great success. I even have them in an Ibanez RG320 and it is one of my best sounding guitars!

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Best V I ever played was a $500 Korean Dean. I'm a fan.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Probably the B-52 tube amps. I know they were built poorly, and witnessed it first hand, but when it worked, that amp just did everything I needed it to do for a gig, all from the footswitch.

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
I suppose I'd have to say DR Strings would be my only really weird brand. I typically use D'Addario stuff for standard tunings (EXP115W on my Epi Explorer and EXP110 on my PRS SE C24), but I keep an 11-54 set on my Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy for Drop C and it's really hard to find a set that works so well in that tuning on a 24.75" scale outside of DR's DDT line... Or at least it is where I shop. So yeah, go DR.

Have you tried the Cleartone HC Drop C set? I'd recommend it for anything Gibson scale.

Wal-Mart's Great Value, non-melting ice cream sandwiches

I lost my $hit :lol::lol::lol:

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
I like Danelectros and other kooky vintage-esque shet

Danelectro_DC_59_by_The_Rover.jpg

col

blah.
Reaction score
I like the look of Eastwood Airline guitars. Never played one though.

Mxqm5tW.jpg

Albionic

First of the magi
Reaction score
Big fan of zoom some of their stuff comes across a bit toy like but I've always been able to get decent sounds out of their stuff

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
In terms of guitars I love Schecter's USA Production guitars and Dean USA.

I also am a fan of Ford Trucks and Scag Lawn Mowers....

')