Brands and Features That You Love That Nobody Else Does

• Thread starter IanCBoss
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
I like BC Rich as well :shrug:

I also like Dodge cars. I don't really know anyone else who does.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
I'm another line 6 fan. Definitely not the best amps in the world, but pretty damn good for jamming in my bedroom. I have a pod jam and I think it is pretty badass. Another brand that I used to hate was bc rich. The new ones that they have put out lately have been pretty sweet though. My local shop got a 7 string one that was like 3 or 4 hundred bucks and that thing ripped. I still think deans are the shittiest guitars ever (the non USA ones anyway)

IanCBoss

Reaction score
Line 6 gets a lot more love here than in my local community of friends that play and on other threads I've seen on other sites, that is for sure.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I think G&L Fallout's are some of the coolest looking guitars ever made.

fallout-sonic-full.jpg

IanCBoss

Reaction score
Change the thread title to include "specs" and I'd make a very, very long post :lol:

I've really come to like DBZ guitars aesthetically, never played one though. But it's usually the looks that people slag them off for anyway :)

I liked the idea and took your suggestion and edited the thread to include specs and features so rant away.

Yo_Wattup

Kick the Butterfly
Reaction score
Behringer. Yeah I said it. Every Behringer item I've ever owned has been rock solid and never failed me once. Meanwhile, LITERALLY every planet waves product has broken or failed in an exceptionally short period of time. So fvck planet waves. Go team behringer!

You guys saying line 6 don't know how to forum.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
I feel like not enough people on this site use Eventide gear. That stuff is amazing! This being a seven string forum and so many people loving Passion & Warfare, it just baffles me.

We are out there. :) I use a PitchFactor, TimeFactor, and PowerFactor. I need to setup a proper pedalboard for them along with their aux. switches and expression pedals though. I know I would use them more if I did. :yesway:

mr_rainmaker

Resident Cherokee
Reaction score
those old ibanez EX series guitars,great friggin neck on them,also the newer IV Line6 amps I think its the digital compression that brings out bad technique when you turn them up,I feel if you got somthing wrong with your guitar or your technique it REALLY Enhances it to a larger degree.
BC rich,SQUIER love them Squiers....
except the bullet(hate the necks) or the affinity(hate the bodys)

iamnoah262

Reaction score
I'm not really convinced there are many brands on here that don't have a set of people who love them, or at least don't really care. Like I wouldn't buy a dean or BC Rich because most of them are crazy shapes and that just isn't me. Line 6 is good if you can make it sound good, but a lot of people can't.

I don't think there's any brands I like that nobody else does, but I definitely don't like a lot of brands other people do like haha.

spn_phoenix_92

The Black Winter
Reaction score
I actually really dig some of Dragonfire's pickups, their Invader copies "Crusaders" have more clarity than the Invaders & their EMG copies "81C" & "85A" have a more organic & less generic sound. So far they've been my favorite actives I've ever played, compared to EMG 81/85 & SD Blackouts.

They also have some decent hardware. It's not high quality, but for upgrading a low-mid range guitar, they get the job done for an amazing price.

EDIT: I forgot, I also hate Jumbo/Extra Jumbo frets, I love Standard, Medium, & Medium Jumbo. Do they really make any difference or are they just personal preference?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Elmwood Amps:

200812_elmwoodamps_1.jpg

I may be biased because I have the very, very best type of Elmwood amp :) - the discontinued 3100. And I'm not going to go to bat for buying a new one, but I'm appalled by how low the used prices have gotten on these - M90s for $1500. That's so absurd. Fantastic amps that straddle 5150 with a tubescreamer, to more Govan-y Cornford lead tones with a hint of compressor. Very well made, from Sweden.

Hankey

Reaction score
I like TOM bridges :). I actually prefer them over flat-mount style bridges...

I'm also a big fan of Line 6. They have awesome stuff for players with a limited budget...

col

blah.
Reaction score
And I'm not going to go to bat for buying a new one, but I'm appalled by how low the used prices have gotten on these - M90s for $1500.

Where can you find them for that? :eek:

Modena is one of the few amps I'd still like to get.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Where can you find them for that? :eek:

Modena is one of the few amps I'd still like to get.

Saw it on ebay like two weeks ago - BIN. That means he's actually getting even less for it! But I see them frequently at around $1800, rig-talk usually, and really they're $2200-2500 used amps in my opinion, right there just below brands like Diezel. I think I saw a custom rack M60 for below $2k.

I'm not sure how the 60/90s are, but the clean on the 3100 is unbelievable too. I'd say better than any Peavey/Mesa/Engl channel switcher, and better than most the Diezels.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Flaxwood guitars aren't too popular, presumably because next to nobody has tried them, but they are amongst the nicest guitars I've ever come across. The necks are so comfortable and fast, and the sound that comes from them is lovely.

An old, poor quality video demonstrating their acoustic properties:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Flaxwood guitars aren't too popular, presumably because next to nobody has tried them, but they are amongst the nicest guitars I've ever come across. The necks are so comfortable and fast, and the sound that comes from them is lovely.

An old, poor quality video demonstrating their acoustic properties:

Damn man... You can ....in shred...

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
Flaxwood guitars aren't too popular, presumably because next to nobody has tried them, but they are amongst the nicest guitars I've ever come across.

I'd love to try one out, but I've never seen one in person, also, I remember looking at their website disappointed that none of their models had 24 frets.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I like BOSS modelling products. :shrug:

I've been using a GT-6 for well over a decade now, and i've got that sucker dialled in. And i've also found some unique idiosyncrasies in how the patches are structured and how you can assign parameters that give me access to some seriously messed-up effects.

Latest posts

')