Brass block and stabilizer for 7 string FR ?

• Thread starter EXUSSUM666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EXUSSUM666

Reaction score
Hi people, this is my first post and I am hoping for some good insight/advice from those of you who have installed a brass FR block and a stabilizer(i am looking at the esp arming stabilizer). Are they worth $, time and effort?
WHile on the subject, i was looking at one of these on ebay;
a schaller floyd brass reinforcement plate for a floyd rose 7 string.

Thanks!:shred:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCHALLER-23...?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item336d5222d5

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ProgShredder73

Reaction score
personally, i havent tried the brass block, but ive tried a stabilizer (tremol-no) and that thing sucked. i hated every minute of it. i'd say if its a guitar you're looking at buying, consider others. if its a guitar you already own, then id suggest using a wooden block. take the time to cut it right for the back of the cavity and that would be way better.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
The ESP Arming Adjuster is more than just a tad overpriced if you ask me. For a fraction of the price you can get the Göldo Back Box which works on the exact same principle. I use it and would never be without one again for a floating tremolo. It makes a perfect zero point without blocking the movement either way so you can do double stop bends or even snap a string without the whole unit falling out of tune, and it'll even act as a "tone transfer bridge" of sorts. At least that's the before/after impression I got. My LTD sounded kinda thin until I put the Back Box on, and after that the tune was considerably more buffed up. I think it's because the vibrations that would normally just be absorbed by the wobbly nature of the floating principle is now caught by the stabilizer which is pushing against the trem block pretty hard.

geofreesun

Reaction score
i put brass blocks from different companies in different 7s. i like them, they definite give more balls to your guitar, plugged or unplugged. more sustain, louder, rounder bottom end. however, it might not work for certain people or certain guitars.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
^The listing's removed, but if it's like the other one that's up at the moment (with the same wording) then it's a way to add some strength and rigidity to the stud mount. It basically replaces the stud bushings with a set consisting of the bushings with a bridge between them that you can then screw into the body instead of the bushings only relying on the wood it's been pressed into.

Kind of like sway bar or tower struts in a tightened-up car.

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
It adds mass to the bridge which will change how the bridge resonates with the strings. Ever see those Fat Finger things people clip onto their headstocks? Same idea. Heavier instruments generally sustain longer.

I can't speak from experience as to the difference but I'm considering it myself.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
I'v been wondering the same thing(is the brass block worth the dough).

Dollar for dollar the best upgrade I've done to a guitar other than pickups. I wouldn't have a FR equipped guitar without one now that I've tried it. (unless I decide to binge spend and go titanium lol)

nbrennan5150

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with Schecter 7 Floyd Rose? I bought a Schecter Damien Elite 7-FR a while back and am currently looking to replace my FR well I found out that the Floyd Rose Special's are actually from the Floyd Rose company, but a couple of the parts are made of Zinc Alloy instead of Brass and Steel. The sustain block is zinc alloy and I want to replace it with a bronze one, and the Saddles are zinc alloy as well which I want to replace with steel. Does anyone know if these FR's are all compatible and is their any size differences that I should be concerned with?

')