Bridge For 10-String Guitar/Bass Hybrid

• Thread starter Hemi-Powered Drone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Basically, I want to make a 10-string guitar/bass hybrid. It would be 5 bass strings and 5 guitar strings, though it would be made like a standard guitar, not a tapper, like a Chapman or Warr. What I'm having trouble finding is the bridge. I've decided I should use a modular bridge, since I've settled on the fact that it is impossible to find a 10 string bridge(I've looked(even for a replacement bridge for a Chapman stick)), but I can't really find one that I could use for both. Warmoth/Hipshot's are only for bass, I can't find the ABM single strings, and I think the Strandberg headlesses(?) are only for guitar(I would ask, but I can't figure out how to contact Mr.Strandberg). Any suggestions on where/what to find?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
All I have to offer is that getting the part number off of the ABM website and then typing ABM *number* into Google seems pretty successful.

ola_strandberg

Reaction score
... <snip> I think the Strandberg headlesses(?) are only for guitar(I would ask, but I can't figure out how to contact Mr.Strandberg). Any suggestions on where/what to find?

Dragonblade629 - I'd love to work with you to get you the bridge that you need. The guitar portion (up to .100") is not a problem with the current EGS bridges, but beyond that we'd have to work something out. The bass bridges I am developing are intended for a bass string spacing. But I am thinking I could probably provide a hybrid version that would solve it.

In terms of contacting me - feel free to PM me here or just send me an e-mail at guitarworks@thestrandbergs.com

Erik Hauri

Lumber -> Guitars
Reaction score
You can get single-string bridges for guitar and bass both - ABM bridges via Allparts. You just need to choose your string spacing at the bridge carefully. You should be able to ream/file out the string-through portion of the guitar bridge to fit strings larger than 0.1" in diameter, I've done this with Graphtech strat bridges with no problems.

')