Bridge screw went awol

• Thread starter Grooven
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grooven

Reaction score
New strings came into the mail,put on some jams to get down to business got everything done cleaning wise go to put the 8th string on and realized that the screw on the bridge for the low f# is gone. I looked everywhere in my room but after losing my mind I'm calm but need to replace the screw that's where y'all come in lol. The guitar is an Agile septor 827 fixed bridge. Any specific ones I should look into or what..Any help is good

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I was just at my local Home Depot and Lowe’s and neither had set screws that small (i lost a saddle screw too).

Email Rondo, ask for the set screw size, then order them from McMaster Carr.

Grooven

Reaction score
I was just at my local Home Depot and Lowe’s and neither had set screws that small (i lost a saddle screw too).

Email Rondo, ask for the set screw size, then order them from McMaster Carr.
I was thinking of doing that but thought that would be such a specific thing that they wouldnt know but yeah I'll try it

Grooven

Reaction score
Also Thanks for all the replies,you guys are kewl

Bearitone

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing that but thought that would be such a specific thing that they wouldnt know but yeah I'll try it

If they design and sell guitars trust me, then they understand screw threads and definitely know which set screws are in the bridge.

I could be mistaken but, i believe the saddle screws on my Cepheus passive bridge are #4-40.

Grooven

Reaction score
If they design and sell guitars trust me, then they understand screw threads and definitely know which set screws are in the bridge.

I could be mistaken but, i believe the saddle screws on my Cepheus passive bridge are #4-40.
Well I sent them an email asking the specific size of screw and they came back basically saying I would be better off replacing the entire saddle which I do not want to do. Only screw that's missing is only for the F# so what size would that be this whole thing is becoming an headache. I'm horrible with stuff like this but I'm tired of guitar shops overpriced labor and whatnot

Bearitone

Reaction score
What size allen key are you using to adjust the action?

All i need is the drive size and i can tell what size set screw it is. I’ll give you a part number and a link to order the screws. They probably only cost a few cents.

I would just measure my own screws but, i won’t be with my Agile for another 2 days

Grooven

Reaction score
Don't have any Allen keys but I use a Philips screwdriver for minor intonation adjustments. And that would be a life saver dude (thanks in advance)also I'll wait till you get your measurements I'm in no hurry. As long as I don't have to take it to a shop and it's a quick fix screw swap

Bearitone

Reaction score
Oh it’s the intonation screw! I thought it was one of the two little set-screws for adjusting the saddle height.

Alright i’ll measure when i get a chance and let you know what you need

Grooven

Reaction score
Yeah that's my bad dude I should've been more specific and again thanks

Bearitone

Reaction score
Yeah that's my bad dude I should've been more specific and again thanks

Yo! totally forgot about this til today, my bad
https://www.mcmaster.com/91773a746

Here's a link. I know for a fact its a #4 screw and I'm almost certain its a #4-48 not a #4-40.

If you don't want a phillips head just click around and there's plenty of different head types. Sadly I couldn't find anything on amazon. Try ebay or Grainger too

hope this helps

Last edited:

Grooven

Reaction score
Yo! totally forgot about this til today, my bad
https://www.mcmaster.com/91773a746

Here's a link. I know for a fact its a #4 screw and I'm almost certain its a #4-48 not a #4-40.

If you don't want a phillips head just click around and there's plenty of different head types. Sadly I couldn't find anything on amazon. Try ebay or Grainger too

hope this helps
No problem funny thing is curiosity was killing me on where the damn screw could've went to so i kinda tore my room up lol and found it behind the dresser.But Ill probably want some spares so that site will come in handy

')