Bring Back The Steinberger M Series Petition

• Thread starter Justin Bailey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Sorry to bump this thread... as it happens I was searching Steinberger M on Google, because I have a GAS attack for one atm.

I wish they'd bring it back, but also do a cheaper version (like the Spirit except maybe not with the big, obvious Spirit graphic that just screams "I can't afford a Synapse!!!!") because I don't have the means to get one that costs big money.

If it had a Steinberger trem (or maybe the TransTrem :yesway:), decent pickups for the price and 24 frets (for the love of god, it HAS to have 24 frets) that would be beyond sick.

EDIT: Much like this, in fact:

Spirit02.JPG

Fuck, that would be perfect for me. I NEED to find one of these.

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
I'd like a 400 dollar guitar with a Trans Trem too, that's not gonna happen, though. This petition is to bring back the M like what it was: Graphite necks, Trans and S Trems, all the bells and whistles.

edit: that means premium guitars, with, presumably, a premium price.

B-lebs

Reaction score
Profit on each < what Gibson wants to make in profit. A Trans-Tremmed guitar (with a TT2 at least) just isn't an option that they are willing to take.

Regardless, I signed. I want everyone to enjoy a GM as much as I do :)

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
Honestly, if they made a new S-trem in the TT3 footprint, and starting putting graphite necks on the ZT3s, I'd be perfectly happy with one of those. I'd imagine it would be much easier to sell Gibson on producing new models with S-trems, anyway. I'm not in love with the shape of the GMs to the point that I'd insist on that being part of the package. In fact, I kind of like that the ZT3 is less Strat-like.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I'd like a 400 dollar guitar with a Trans Trem too, that's not gonna happen, though. This petition is to bring back the M like what it was: Graphite necks, Trans and S Trems, all the bells and whistles.

edit: that means premium guitars, with, presumably, a premium price.

I agree, that would be great.

But they should also do a Spirit version (or similar) for the skint people out there :D

')