Britney Djent Mix

• Thread starter Crescent2k6
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crescent2k6

Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't post on here too often but I just finished this mix and would love to get your opinions.

(Watch in HD for somewhat decent audio)

Recorded all guitars with Boss GT-10, bass is the Kontakt 4 MM Scarabee sample. Superior 2.0 for drums, all done in Tools 8 with some Waves plugins and Ozone on the master track.

Mixed it on KRK Rokit 8's, but after listening on normal people speakers, the bass sounds horrendously loud on some of them, and on others there's just no kick drum. Everything seemed pretty perfect on my monitors and I should have checked before uploading it.

I'm a music engineering major at Berklee and I realize that getting bass and kick drum to work together well is far more difficult than can be answered in a forum post, but I would be more than happy for some tips on getting the kick to come through as well as having the bass be present.

I tried boosting around 5k and ~2k on the kick drum and turning down the bass, but then all i heard was the snap of the kick on top of everything else. It's tricky. All comments and feedback are much appreciated.

Track info -

Original song with HPF at ~400hz and LPF at ~10k. Tried to isolate vocals without making them sound lo-fi

Kontakt 4 bass, Guitar Rig 4 amp sim, API 550 EQ and Waves C1 compressor

Quad tracked chorus guitars recorded on a Petrucci BFR 7 tuned to Drop Ab (Periphery FTW). Panned hard right, hard left, center right, and center left. Some impulse response reverb at around 0.6secs on an aux track.

Verse guitars are the same, except only double tracked panned at like 45 left and 45 right

Clean guitars are through the GT-10 again dry with the piezo on the BFR. Delay and chorus are on an aux track.

Drums are Superior 2.0 all bounced to audio before mixing. SSL Channel on Kick and Snare. Not much ambient level on them. Some compression and eq on the master channel.

Lead guitar is a fender strat through the Gt-10 with delay on an aux track in the session again.

Ozone 4 on the master channel with some tube warmth added.

Any and all comments and feedback...'s... are much appreciated. Let me know what I can do to make the next one sound better haha :).

Thanks so much.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Latest posts

')