BRJ 7 string/Axe-Fx Non Djent/Filthy Metal/Crossover

• Thread starter travis bickle
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

travis bickle

Reaction score
Greetings my fellow guitar nerds. Been working on this EP for a while now, and we have finally completed mastering on 9 songs that will be part of an upcoming EP from my band The Sheltering Sky. EP was recorded by Jay Newman (Serpentine Path / ex - Unearthly Trance) and mastered by the mighty Brad Boatright at AUDIOSIEGE.

I use a BRJ 7 String with a single bareknuckle ceramic warpig pickup > Axe-FX Ultra > Mesa Boogie 2:90 power amp > Emperor Oversized 4x12. my current sound is much better, but im quite happy on how pissed off this sounds. hahaha.

We play a metal/death metal/crossover/noisecore/beatdown/doom hybrid. I like too much extreme music, and with a wife and kid, I can't play in a hundred different bands (although I do currently play in candiria).

Enjoy!!!!!

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/redbullassault/sets/the-sheltering-sky-that-which-obstructs-the-light-audiosiege-master[/SC]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JTL

ss.org lurker
Reaction score
congrats on the release bud.

just my opinion but, it isnt very pleasant sounding on the ears. and that may be what you intended it to sound like so im not bashing you. Im just saying it sounds like a line 6 or crate amp honestly. I dont think i could listen to a whole song through lol.

travis bickle

Reaction score
thanks!!! this music is certainly not meant to be pleasant sounding.

Najka

Reaction score
Dude I love this guy's vocals. I want to steal him for my project lol.

travis bickle

Reaction score
thanks fellas!!!! surprisingly, its sean's first time singing. he plays drums, bass and guitar too, so having him sing crazy rhythms over the music was easy.

:hbang:

broj15

Reaction score
very nice. reminds me of oath breaker, cursed, young and in the way, etc.

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
.... yea dude this rips. lol at the dude complaining about the sound... its a great tone, kind of a mix between an old school punk rawk sound and a cranked hm-2, I love it!

travis bickle

Reaction score
you guys rule! many thanks for the kind words everyone. tone is subjective, so i'll give JTL a pass this time. hahahahaha.

i posted another track, murders in the air yesterday, so the soundcloud playlist now has 3 tracks in total.

thanks again everyone!!!!

')