Broderick's Got...

• Thread starter Rich5150
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darbdavys

Reaction score
If ibanez were gonna put something like that on production, it'll likely as not be expensive as hell though. Meaning most people would stick with other people anyway.

If they put it up at a decent price, hell yeah, I just can't see it ever happening.
Well, the sigs from Ibanez aren't the highest priced guitars (except the top Universes and JEMs)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zehailiu

Reaction score
I'm an ibanez noob, what's the deal with LACS guitars? Why are they so sought after?

I actually like his green top one better, it'd be perfect with locking nuts.

Scali

Banned
Reaction score
Damnit Chris... You get all the cool Ibanezes, and we get nothing!

I must say the ZR7 surprises me a bit. Chris is the first 'pro' player I've seen with it. Herman Li said he didn't like it... and I've not seen any other signature or custom Ibanez with a ZR yet.

I'm an ibanez noob, what's the deal with LACS guitars? Why are they so sought after?

Well, LACS stands for Los Angeles Custom Shop, if I'm not mistaken.
From what I understood, it's a custom shop that builds one-off guitars to the specs of their customers, usually endorsees such as Chris Broderick.
So LACS guitars are the cream of the crop in build quality, often have rather unique features, and the guitars are very rare, since so few are made of the same model.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score

I actually like his green top one better, it'd be perfect with locking nuts.

They are like the ultimate in guitar build quality, and you can't get one unless you are a player. If I am correct, you can't buy one, even if you are rich as, they only offer them to endorserees, and even they have to pay for them. But they are renowned as pretty much the ultimate in 7 strings.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
Man, I'm almost glad that Ibanez will probably never make this so I don't have to try and afford it! :lol:

Just me though right?

bulletbass man

Classical & Metal
Reaction score
They are like the ultimate in guitar build quality, and you can't get one unless you are a player. If I am correct, you can't buy one, even if you are rich as, they only offer them to endorserees, and even they have to pay for them. But they are renowned as pretty much the ultimate in 7 strings.

well they pop up on the used market time to time. Often an endorsee will either sells it/gives it to a friend who then sells it, gets a new guitar they like better, switch companies, or sell it off for some sort of charity function.

Either way I've only ever played one and it easily topped some of the better customs i've played.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
Is Broderick psychic? cause he seems to be able to pick out custom guitars that EVERY player wants! :lol:

I haven't heard anyone say a bad word about his customs and it's very rare that guitar players are unified in opinion so why the hell isn't this a regular model?
Even if Ibanez made it without his name on it or released it in a "designed by Chris Broderick" series it would sell, hell I don't even like locking trems and I only play extended scale length guitars but I would ditch all of my 7's in a second for one of these!

C'mon Ibanez make our Christmas wish come true!

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
i'll still continue saving for an RGA custom from Mike Sherman with my own headstock design.

that way i actually get an RGA, and get it to my precise specs

OH, and i will actually GET one as apposed to drooling for one

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Damnit, how am I supposed to get people to respond to my thread when they are all in here spanking it to Broderick's LACS's?

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
ugh....chris....im gunna end up robbing your ass one of these days.....and ill be a very happy man.....for about three hours...

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
Every time I seen an awesome 7-string Ibanez that I can't own unless I'm in goddamned Megadeth, I feel like I've been slapped in the face.

Even opening Ibanez's new catalouge, RGT320ZRS.. or the RGA321FBX... really, how hard is it to add another string? I guess a lot harder than doing nothing.

Bygde

Reaction score
Even opening Ibanez's new catalouge, RGT320ZRS.. or the RGA321FBX... really, how hard is it to add another string? I guess a lot harder than doing nothing.
Because Ibanez thinks that they have to sell 5472389504738295074383290 guitars for a model to be successful.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
hell, even IF ibanez did make it, it would run at LEAST a couple grand i'm sure, way too ridiculusly expensive for what it is

')