broken ibanez prestige headstock

• Thread starter guitardoodguy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'd be very happy to report that I know zero adult musicians who throw their instruments around when things don't go their way, but I would be lying.
It's cool when you do it to show how much you don't care, like as part of a stage act, but it has inverse coolness when it's done to show how much you do care. Some people just need everyone to know that they care a lot.

Heretick

Nunc Stans Soldier
Reaction score
Okay, I think I got the timeline down

1. OP lives with twin brother, they are both """"Progressive"""" metal musicians

2. They have niche internet micro-celebrity listen to brother's music, micro-celebrity sends back a message that's equivalent to "damn that's crazy"

3. OP, in response, says "Ah yes, I must be the chosen one then"

4. ?????

5. Curb stomp guitar

Is that about right?

Wait, I forgot:

6. OP joins forum full of idiots to, uh, flex about it, I guess?

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
hello i got pissed and curb stomped my 752ahbf 7 string ibanez prestige. i dont think a repair is doable, might take to much time and money better off buying a new neck. i know the guitar has a wizard 7 im just curious if other ibanez necks will fit as well so i have more options to find a new neck. is there like a pocket and bolt pattern system where i can see what necks will fit? thanks !!
Don't listen to them OP, I know this is an old school luthier trick. The good old work boot stomp on the guitar neck 🥾💥
It's an experience thing, you just need to practice this move more and I'm sure you'll get it eventually ☺️👍

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
I feel this. It is the absolute worst when you get blue shelled seconds before the finish line. I respect a green shell, though.
1esmzyzdhoa71.png

This is what happens when you miss a tapped sweep:

quote-and-he-don-t-know-that-i-dug-my-key-into-the-side-of-his-pretty-little-souped-up-4-wheel-carrie-underwood-37-64-14.jpg

gh0styboi

Everybody Poops
Reaction score
Ah, reading this thread reminds me of the time Steve Vai told me my music was 'bananas' and he 'couldn't believe a human created it' and then I ran over my S Prestige with a tractor because my brother was angry that I coughed...

Good times, SSO. Good times.

ToRNOuTLaW

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I punched a mirror in my teens and a door in my tweens. The mirror did more damage. Closing in on 40, I managed to supressed the urge to throw my wireless mouse into a screen hundreds of times. Cheers to declining testosterone levels!

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I punched a mirror in my teens and a door in my tweens. The mirror did more damage. Closing in on 40, I managed to supressed the urge to throw my wireless mouse into a screen hundreds of times. Cheers to declining testosterone levels!
Really it's your advanced prefrontal cortex doing the heavy lifting. New evidence is coming in that the pfc isn't fully wired up until about 25 years of age, which explain a lot.

PFC is the brakes (among other things). Just like with cars, we need good brakes. (God that's fuckin' lame.)

')