broken ibanez prestige headstock

• Thread starter guitardoodguy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitardoodguy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
hello i got pissed and curb stomped my 752ahbf 7 string ibanez prestige. i dont think a repair is doable, might take to much time and money better off buying a new neck. i know the guitar has a wizard 7 im just curious if other ibanez necks will fit as well so i have more options to find a new neck. is there like a pocket and bolt pattern system where i can see what necks will fit? thanks !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
be warned I am something of a dumbass but I believe most Ibanez necks are interchangeable. You'd just need to find another 7 string that's the same scale length / number of frets. AFAIK bolt patterns have been the same for decades.
According to the wiki page for your guitar it's a standard scale so finding a replacement should be pretty straightforward.

Now that the boring part's out of the way, what got you pissed enough to dole out some indiscriminate retribution on your nice ibby? As a fellow connoisseur of irrational break-shit rage let me live vicariously through you for a second.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 21.43.23.png

Reaction score
... how about some pics of said broken headstock? Good wood workmanship can do wonders repairing necks...

guitardoodguy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
be warned I am something of a dumbass but I believe most Ibanez necks are interchangeable. You'd just need to find another 7 string that's the same scale length / number of frets. AFAIK bolt patterns have been the same for decades.
According to the wiki page for your guitar it's a standard scale so finding a replacement should be pretty straightforward.

Now that the boring part's out of the way, what got you pissed enough to dole out some indiscriminate retribution on your nice ibby? As a fellow connoisseur of irrational break-shit rage let me live vicariously through you for a second.
me and my bro are pushing to finish an album before our birthday we are twins. doing our own mixing and mastering own social media everything and tryna compete against abasi and j rich and taranto so its a retarded work load. were splitting on an apartment he sleeps in the living room i cant wake up one morning without him b#tching bout something for months on end and i just want positivity so i can work i cant work in negativity and a messy house. he thinks me coffing or cleaning or doing litterally anything is me trying to dominate him its pretty messed up but theres 100 different layers to it all hes good shit we all got our issues

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
In regards to your original question, I'm pretty sure Japanese necks should be interchangeable but not necks from other factories. I'd consider it a good option to order a custom neck from Five Alarm Guitars, since that will almost certainly be cheaper than finding a spare Prestige neck someone is trying to get an absolute premium for.

I still think you might as well try fixing it yourself though, what have you got to lose?

Also yeah being married can be hard and I'd prefer not to mentally compare it to being in an intense creative partnership with my slobby twin brother, that's a direction I didn't see this thread going in.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
tryna compete against abasi
Do you mean to say you're trying to be the next Animals as Leaders or something? If you're trying to emulate the success of other guitarists, I might recommended evaluating how often you hear about them "curb stomping" their guitars. Unless you're going the Metallica route where even if the music is so-so you can sell the making-of documentary where we get to follow your journey through family therapy.

guitardoodguy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Do you mean to say you're trying to be the next Animals as Leaders or something? If you're trying to emulate the success of other guitarists, I might recommended evaluating how often you hear about them "curb stomping" their guitars. Unless you're going the Metallica route where even if the music is so-so you can sell the making-of documentary where we get to follow your journey through family therapy.
pretty big weirdo you are arent ya bud. I mentioned 3 artists and you say i want to be the new animals as leaders but will never make it because i broke my guitar. someone sounds sad that I have big goals lol. I may have broke my own guitar but i would never come on 7 string to shit on random strangers going through something, hope you get the therapy that you need as well. guaranteed im 10 times the musician you are.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Chill pill, my man. It was a pretty clear joke, and I think pretty warranted given the tone of "hi y'all, I curb stomped my guitar lol".

But also, don't start throwing around this whole Prestige Stompin' Twins have me beat in the music department unless you've got something to back that up. I patiently await your masterpiece.

guitardoodguy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Chill pill, my man. It was a pretty clear joke, and I think pretty warranted given the tone of "hi y'all, I curb stomped my guitar lol".

But also, don't start throwing around this whole Prestige Stompin' Twins have me beat in the music department unless you've got something to back that up. I patiently await your masterpiece.
i havent released anything yet but my brother has and stephen taranto messaged me saying "its nuts" do you play so good that stephen taranto says your nuts? yes i am without i doubt 100 times better than TedEh a sevenstring.org lurker who has no aspirations of competing with the top players in his field.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
do you know anything about guitar necks
Nothing about fitting a new neck to an Ibby body, but I am curious to see if anyone ends up answering that question. Otherwise just enjoying the interactions.

Latest posts

')