broken ibanez prestige headstock

• Thread starter guitardoodguy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitardoodguy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
OP, I'm sorry you and Re-pete are having a tiff, but this isn't the place to try to show off how enslaved to your own anger you are. Turn the phone off and get the fuck over it like an adult.

Until then we're all just waiting for Jax or Voldemort to come and molly whop your skill claims. There's always a bigger fish, and you're not that guy.
says the guy who has nothing to add to my thread and keeps trying to shit on me lol i think youre a slave to putting others down.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitardoodguy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
i mean everyone can read the thread, i was shat on first for zero reason.

guitardoodguy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
anyways have fun shitting on people sevenstring.org. thats what you do best !

Reaction score
Well, this gone south pretty fast.

@guitardood I'm sure you already know this but it's always important to seldom remind that expression isn't a competition.

Please, indulge us with a photo of your prestige broken neck, since it was the starting point of the thread. There are a few very acknowledged fellows here that may deliver focused solutions for the original problem.

Allow me a final piece of advice: don't attack community members, it won't work as you envision...

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
i mean everyone can read the thread, i was shat on first for zero reason.
I mean that's true and I thought that was pretty weak but you did snap things up to 11 real quick.
That doesn't do anybody any favors and definitely won't get people to lay off you.
Best of luck to ya, dude. Hope you find a nice new neck and the album rips.

Briz

Lifelong Learner
Reaction score
Stop bullying this guy before he American History X's another guitar

1000003612.jpg

guitardoodguy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well, this gone south pretty fast.

@guitardood I'm sure you already know this but it's always important to seldom remind that expression isn't a competition.

Please, indulge us with a photo of your prestige broken neck, since it was the starting point of the thread. There are a few very acknowledged fellows here that may deliver focused solutions for the original problem.

Allow me a final piece of advice: don't attack community members, it won't work as you envision...
very strange very weird that you want to keep saying im attacking ppl. look back in the thread i was attacked first. very strange very weird behavior if you read this thread and fault me for a single thing. maybe improve your musicianship and you would find other ways to feel joy. once again, enjoy ganging up and attacking people you dont know for no reason !

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
no it was the fact that you shit on my goals, my aspirations and told me i wouldn't amount to anything without even knowing who I am.
I said none of those things. If that's what you took from my comment, then I'm sorry for that implication. Goals are good, but breaking things when you don't get your way isn't a productive way to reach them. Simple as that. In the meantime, once again, either take it down a few notches, or back up the talk with something we can listen to.

guitardoodguy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I said none of those things. If that's what you took from my comment, then I'm sorry for that implication. Goals are good, but breaking things when you don't get your way isn't a productive way to reach them. Simple as that. In the meantime, once again, either take it down a few notches, or back up the talk with something we can listen to.
youll hear about us trust me hahahaha that look on your face oh wow ya theyre pretty good derp

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Well, if that's how you feel, then I take back my apology for the implication, I guess? Jebus, man, just take the olive branch.

Reaction score
very strange very weird that you want to keep saying im attacking ppl. look back in the thread i was attacked first. very strange very weird behavior if you read this thread and fault me for a single thing. maybe improve your musicianship and you would find other ways to feel joy. once again, enjoy ganging up and attacking people you dont know for no reason !
Well, my previous reply wasn't an attack, and I'm sorry you understood it that way.

Please, do take the trophy, best of luck.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Headstock breaks are very common repairs, so I think your best bet is to call your local luthier shop and email them a photo (or just go down there). If it's a multi-piece break it is probably more iffy, but all the good Gibson's had their headstocks viciously decapitated at one point or another and were repaired stronger than before.

According to Ibanez Wiki, the neck in question is a good old Wizard-7. There's a Wizard II-7 on ebay now which I think would fit, but the cost would likely be more than a repair.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
According to Ibanez Wiki, the neck in question is a good old Wizard-7
Someone who knows better can chime in, but can that be relied on for fit? From what I understand, a lot of necks have the same name but are not quite the same shape. I know there's a big chart out there with neck specs, but even that doesn't quite tell the whole story. I've got two guitars that should have "identical spec" necks, but they feel very different.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Someone who knows better can chime in, but can that be relied on for fit? From what I understand, a lot of necks have the same name but are not quite the same shape. I know there's a big chart out there with neck specs, but even that doesn't quite tell the whole story. I've got two guitars that should have "identical spec" necks, but they feel very different.

That's totally fair. It depends on year of mfg which iteration it will have.

RGR752AHBF will have the wizard 7 prestige one, but the older 2010s RG752 will have the plain Wizard-7 I think according to chart.

Screenshot_20240710-154023_Firefox.jpg

I'm confusing myself at this point. Need year and official model # I guess.

Last edited:

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
says the guy who has nothing to add to my thread and keeps trying to shit on me lol i think youre a slave to putting others down.
Well you're correct about one thing. I know the answer to your question about neck compatibility. I also know you can't help folks who can't help themselves, so I'm idly just watching on that front. You don't want to take your idiot medicine from me, that's fine. Life will serve it to you regardless, but when it does you can remember that I told you so.

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
Ted's been trying to gracefully to help you man. If you get that easily offended then you might just want to delete your account and never come back.

That Facebook hate algorithm has people ready to jump to extremes lmao. :facepalm:

Latest posts

')