broken ibanez prestige headstock

• Thread starter guitardoodguy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Someone who knows better can chime in, but can that be relied on for fit? From what I understand, a lot of necks have the same name but are not quite the same shape. I know there's a big chart out there with neck specs, but even that doesn't quite tell the whole story. I've got two guitars that should have "identical spec" necks, but they feel very different.
I already answered the question earlier, but the thing OP should be concerned with isn't neck profile but the exact variation of AANJ neck heel and bolt pattern he has. To my knowledge, only Japanese guitars are compatible with each other; guitars from other factories/countries have different patterns. You could probably make it work as long as you matched the heel width right by filling the holes and drilling new ones, but to my knowledge that's the way it works.

Finding a spare Prestige neck on its own is going to be absurdly expensive... someone parting out a Prestige is going to know they have the market by the balls as far as individual replacement parts goes. $500 would be my low-end estimate.

Five Alarm Guitars makes new USA made custom necks and bodies made to order, any way you want them, for prices a lot more reasonable than that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tedtan

Reaction score
no it was the fact that you shit on my goals, my aspirations and told me i wouldn't amount to anything without even knowing who I am. that is not light hearted at all. thanks for you recommendations.
okay so for some reason you want to ignore the fact that TedEh attacked me first and that I gave it back to him. very strange way to navigate through this thread. you are choosing to gang up on someone because they defended themselves. maybe you subconsciously think highly of me so you think it's okay to attack me and try to take my spot.
Except that that literally didn’t happen.

TedEH is an adult and can speak for himself, so don’t take my comments as me defending him. But go back and read his first comment in this thread and you’ll see that he was clearly joking around. You’re the one that went overboard.

very strange very weird that you want to keep saying im attacking ppl. look back in the thread i was attacked first. very strange very weird behavior if you read this thread and fault me for a single thing. maybe improve your musicianship and you would find other ways to feel joy. once again, enjoy ganging up and attacking people you dont know for no reason !
I’ve noticed a trend here on this thread where you insult people (typically their playing ability), play the victim, then go back to insulting people. This isn’t the mentality that lends itself to accomplishing goals. Quite the opposite, in fact - it will hold you back. Not only in guitar playing, but in pretty much every aspect of life.

I recommend finding a therapist to 1) help with your anger issues, and 2) teach some sports psychology to help with goal setting, focusing, performing under stress/duress, etc.

————————————-

As for your guitar, neck/headstock breaks are common and frequently repairable. We can’t advise without pictures, but it’s worth checking with a local tech or luthier. You can also find used necks in the usual places, and there are a number of people making new necks, as well, at least one of which has been posted here already.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
I'll be your huckleberry

But really this kid probably isn't very good, just because everyone that I know that actually is very good doesn't have the mindset of 'I'm coming for the best players out there!' like shred guitar is some kind of competitive video game. Everyone that's really good and posts on Instagram is very friendly and supportive and chat with each other like some kind of guitar steroid club

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
Billy Howerdel from APC plays a guitar that had it's headstock smashed off, and replaced with a headstock from another guitar (glued on), apparently it's a really cool guitar. You could do the same! 😎

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Billy Howerdel from APC plays a guitar that had it's headstock smashed off, and replaced with a headstock from another guitar (glued on), apparently it's a really cool guitar. You could do the same! 😎
I'd pay money to see someone to play 100x better than me on a franken-guitar, so I vote this option. I'd totally beat OP in a drum-off though. After class, behind the school, all the cool kids will be there to judge. Loser gets detention for a zillion years.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
This is a troll. Guy won’t even post pics of the neck that he wants advise on.

Screenshot_20240710-214428_Firefox.jpg

Latest posts

')