broken ibanez prestige headstock

• Thread starter guitardoodguy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edika

Reaction score
Damn this thread took a strange turn. I'm wondering if the OP is an AI software training on human behaviour, as the escalation was uncommon. Well at least for SSO standards, not TGP standards. There's discourse in SSO, but it's more civilised and eloquent usually.

To the OP, I think images of said broken headstock has been requested several times from people here that would have woodworking experience and/or have dealt with this problem. Plus there have been some suggestions for acquiring a new neck.

I hope that not all your interactions online and in real life is a representative example of how you conduct yourself. If that's the case, regardless of your musical prowess, quality of music and personal drive, unless you're extremely lucky, you're not going to accomplish your goals to the extend of your desires. Music, specifically, is relying on image, and while in other genres a similar attitude might be desirable, for heavy guitar oriented music it's the best way to drive away an audience.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
The prophesy foretells of a page 22, when guitardoodguy will make his triumphant return, wielding a powerful tool as described by myths and legends - a curb stomped prestige repaired by gluing a Kiesel headstock to it - and all shall tremble before this masterful display of 2010's-esque djent chops that some other youtube guitarist said was "nuts" that one time. And there will be much rejoicing for the world will be full of music, but also shame for the naysayers.

But in all seriousness, I'm legitimately curious about this "nuts" release from OPs brother that warrants so much confidence. If it's that good, it should be shared with the world.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
There is a chance that OP is Brian Wilson having an episode while trying to write the new beach boys album "Djent Sounds"

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
But in all seriousness, I'm legitimately curious about this "nuts" release from OPs brother that warrants so much confidence. If it's that good, it should be shared with the world.
Word. Say you get pissed. I get it. But to curbstomp a guitar requires a fair amount of planning and execution. Like, go outside, find a curb, carefully lay down guit fiddle in appropriate angle, then git to stompin'. All too much time and effort. I ain't buying what OP is selling.

What ever happened to getting pissed and:

1) throwing your guitar at or into a wall
2) smashing your guitar on the concrete (I said concrete)
3) stabbing your speakers with your guitar.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I make my own memes now:

CurbStomp.jpg

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm too new, but I did a search query and it checks out.
Grab some coffee or get shot glasses ready for that "adventure"

I love a good pile on, but we're not doing a great job of dispelling the "y'all are bullies" thing. :lol:
True. I'm not really into stuff like AAL but if someone has that kind of skill then that is great and they should get out there and show the world if that's their goal.

Last edited:

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
What I'm most curious about, is the actual skill level of this guy. It would be very entertaining if he's like the GTA Guitar Bro:

There's also a little chance that he's actually sick virtuoso who's been practicing the last 15 years in his basement.

If anyone knows who this guy is and what his skill level is like (or any music that he's done), I'd be dying to hear!

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I love a good pile on, but we're not doing a great job of dispelling the "y'all are bullies" thing. :lol:
Nah, it should be read as playful ribbing. I haven't read anything (excepting OP) as actually mean. I'm not on any socials, but when I read the lambgoat comments (why do I do that?) those are atrociously mean.

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nah, it should be read as playful ribbing. I haven't read anything (excepting OP) as actually mean. I'm not on any socials, but when I read the lambgoat comments (why do I do that?) those are atrociously mean.
I'm going to guess there's a hole in the drywall of this guy's apartment for every time he gets playfully ribbed.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Jesus Christ guys, how the hell did I miss this S Tier quality thread?

@guitardoodguy sounds like an actual 12 year old :shrug:

Latest posts

')