Brokencyde fight....

• Thread starter ZEBOV
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
That is the essence of rock n´roll...

I beg to differ. That is the essence of what 80's hair metal. It's what happens when you give children an seemingly unlimited cash source and propel them into a world where they don't have to mature.

In Brokencyde's case, I'd wager they've grown up idolizing those displays of gross misogyny and lewd behavior and in their adolescent minds, that is what they consider the eseence of rock 'n roll.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score

I don't believe either side. I mean its a little hard to believe that some guy staggers out of a bar, sees a tour bus for a band he dislikes and simply wants to discuss his distaste for said bands music. I also do not believe that the other young girls in the pop band were simply defending one of there merch girls from verbal attacks.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I think I kinda agree here, bands/'rockstars' have been doing this since the 60s.

It's just not a good practice.

Thing is, I think Brokencyde are glorifying it to a greater extent. It's pretty much 90% of what makes the band it seems. I'd think badly of any band that behaved like they do, I'm not singling out Brokencyde they are just a modern, generic epitome of that sort of thing.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
Brokencyde beating the shit out of dudes? Lawlz

Especially not by guys, that arguably shouldn't be able to beat up anyone.

Playing bad music while dressed like a homo does NOT mean you're an easy target. Doesn't anyone remember Twisted Sister? I wouldn't fight those guys.

Whether you like Brokencyde's music or not, sounds clearly like the other guy was talking shit (unprovoked) and they finally had enough. And the guy from Brokencyde is absolutely right - if the tables were turned and Muro beat up Brokencyde for talking shit, he'd be a hero.

I can't stand brokencyde's music, but I 100% side with them on this one. Muro couldn't back up his big mouth, and should have kept it shut.

neozeke

Reaction score
Playing bad music while dressed like a homo does NOT mean you're an easy target. Doesn't anyone remember Twisted Sister? I wouldn't fight those guys.

Whether you like Brokencyde's music or not, sounds clearly like the other guy was talking shit (unprovoked) and they finally had enough. And the guy from Brokencyde is absolutely right - if the tables were turned and Muro beat up Brokencyde for talking shit, he'd be a hero.

I can't stand brokencyde's music, but I 100% side with them on this one. Muro couldn't back up his big mouth, and should have kept it shut.

It's a joke and you should use a better word than homo. Most homosexuals aren't assholes and definitely don't dress like that.

Anyways, it's still way out of line for them to beat the shit out of a possibly drunk guy (it's not established in either interview if they just drank or he got totally shitfaced or whatever.) just because they can't take some criticism.

Even if Muno started te fight, they could have easily backed up and told him to back the fuck up and leave. Or threaten to call the cops or get someone from the bar or really anything else. While they might not be the perfect answers to the problem, at least they're something that won't cause as much drama.

It'd be nice to see an interview from someone that doesn't have any connections to either band to get a better picture of what really happened.However, I'm more inclined to believe Muno.

neozeke

Reaction score
wjdhfwjdhf.jpg

His spelling isn't as bad as I imagined it would be.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
It's a joke and you should use a better word than homo. Most homosexuals aren't assholes and definitely don't dress like that.

Anyways, it's still way out of line for them to beat the shit out of a possibly drunk guy (it's not established in either interview if they just drank or he got totally shitfaced or whatever.) just because they can't take some criticism.

Even if Muno started te fight, they could have easily backed up and told him to back the fuck up and leave. Or threaten to call the cops or get someone from the bar or really anything else. While they might not be the perfect answers to the problem, at least they're something that won't cause as much drama.

It'd be nice to see an interview from someone that doesn't have any connections to either band to get a better picture of what really happened.

Your whole post, from start to finish, is so PC. And that's fine, if that's the code you live by.

However, have you ever BEEN in a fight? It usually starts with someone throwing the first punch. Unless it's one of those rare mexican punchoffs, in which case the first-punching is simultaneous.

Dude got drunk, talked shit, and got beat up. If it was Slayer, we'd be fucking CHEERING them right now.

People are just pissed that the band they constantly like to talk smack about actually has a backbone. For the record, I also think they suck. But I wouldn't start with 4 guys from any band, dressed in ANY manner, if it was just me and a drunk buddy.

neozeke

Reaction score
Your whole post, from start to finish, is so PC. And that's fine, if that's the code you live by.

However, have you ever BEEN in a fight? It usually starts with someone throwing the first punch. Unless it's one of those rare mexican punchoffs, in which case the first-punching is simultaneous.

Dude got drunk, talked shit, and got beat up. If it was Slayer, we'd be fucking CHEERING them right now.

People are just pissed that the band they constantly like to talk smack about actually has a backbone. For the record, I also think they suck. But I wouldn't start with 4 guys from any band, dressed in ANY manner, if it was just me and a drunk buddy.

I've been in a few, I just believe it's a retarded way to solve any sort of problem. It accomplishes nothing that couldn't have been accomplished by talking it out or walking away. But, I completely understand though, someone threw a punch and the natural response is to fuck that guys shit up. I just think the "talk shit get hit mentality" is so Neanderthal. But, I get that sometimes it's unavoidable.

For the record, I don't really talk smack about brokencyde. I feel their lyrics are dumb to the nth degree, but they really aren't on my radar as far as shitty music goes. If the lyrics weren't absolutely retarded, I might even like them.............no actually probably not.

EDIT: Haha I sound like a total hipster pacifist. Sorry, about that.

metalheadblues

Reaction score
honestly why do you people care??
I didn't even read the article but anything attached to the name brokencyde is automatically retarded..IMO

ArrowHead

Reaction score
No problem. I understand your argument. I truly do. And I agree, At noon, on a computer keyboard. After a show, past last call, with a few in me, I might suddenly be found to not agree with you, however, and punchery might happen.

There's logic, and common sense, and then there's the shit that goes down in back alleyways after a night of drinking. Most of us have sense to avoid confrontations outside bars at last call for this very reason.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
honestly why do you people care??
I didn't even read the article but anything attached to the name brokencyde is automatically retarded..IMO

The use of that word is OFFENSIVE.

My last girlfriend was retarded. She hates Brokencyde.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score

Six against two is NOT having a backbone.
Now, I'm not saying Muro was in the right, but seriously, the Brokencyde guys could have dealt with this at least on a one-on-one basis, like men, instead of bringing six guys like some childish teens. That, my friend, is why everyone in this topic is disrespecting them.
I mean, if someone tells me my band sucks, I'm just like, "Meh, tech death isn't for everyone," and shrug it off. No need to get in a fight about it. But if they really feel the need to fight, at least do it like a man. This is like that stupid Rose Funeral Uno incident all over again.

In short - While I don't condone fighting just because someone doesn't like your band, I think the Brokencyde guys should have manned up and done it one-on-one or two-on-two like men instead of boys.

edsped

Reaction score

Come on dude, 100%?

We don't even know the real story.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
Come on dude, 100%?

We don't even know the real story.

Actually, both stories line up pretty well, as far as the start of the fight. Kid was drunk and mouthing off. He even admitted it. Some people are gonna hit you for that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')