Bronies of SS.Org

• Thread starter Hemi-Powered Drone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
If anyone seeing this is unaware, a brony is an older fan, usually male, of the fantastically amazing show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

ngbbs4e7e721e119c2.jpg

No, this isn't a joke, the show is legitimately awesome. Watch it for yourself and decide.

Of those that watch, how many of us are there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
But it's so ironic!!! ^______________________________^

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
But it's so ironic!!! ^______________________________^

That's not it at all. That's what I thought the appeal was at first, then I realized "Damn, son, this is a good show." It's just so pure and uncorrupted that it's refreshing in this world. Plus it makes references and innuendo that's meant for the older crowd yet goes straight over little kids' heads.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's not it at all. That's what I thought the appeal was at first, then I realized "Damn, son, this is a good show." It's just so pure and uncorrupted that it's refreshing in this world. Plus it makes references and innuendo that's meant for the older crowd yet goes straight over little kids' heads.

Huh?

Labrie

King of the Swing
Reaction score
Oh yeah I watch little kids cartoons all the time...

...oh wait, that's because I have a ten month old son :rolleyes:

:facepalm: can't believe this is real.

Last edited:

ST3MOCON

Reaction score
I'm not too tough to watch a cartoon. I love adventure time and angry beavers. Im down for anything :) my mind is open. When I get home I'll watch the link I've heard about this brownie phenomenon.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
Cartoons are fine, I grew up on the mid 90s X-Men.

But this.

What is this world coming to?

The Grief Hole

Reaction score
There is a shop near my work that has racks and racks of the old my little pony toys. The guy who owns it absolutely loves them, so no surprises.

I have to say though I couldn't see any of the adult orientated humour you mentioned. Maybe some other clips for a better example? The adult humour was something I though was funny about sponge bob.

Re: the cracked article. A huge sub genre of Japanese manga is 'boys love'. Essentially gay love stories, they are hugely popular with female audiences, young and old. One of my 12 year old students writes her own.

Don Vito

Reaction score
I watched the show to see if there was anything up.

Not bad, but I don't see it as being any different from other kid cartoons. I remember when I first encountered bronies. Early 2011, Team Fortress 2 brony server. Confusion.

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
Brony here! Although that should be obvious since my avatar is Rainbow Dash!

Most Bronies act like its the greatest thing to happen to the world but its not. Don't get me wrong I like the show... a lot.

Its just a good show. It is very pure and uncorrupted and I think its fairly original.

Plus the ponies are sooooo damn cute!

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
FWIW, it gets more entertaining later in season 1, and definitely in season 2. I particularly like Discord in the first two episodes of season 2.

Yeah, I'm kind of a brony if you couldn't tell by the avatar. But my (almost) 3 year old daughter is into it so that's my excuse. :lol:

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
FWIW, it gets more entertaining later in season 1, and definitely in season 2. I particularly like Discord in the first two episodes of season 2.

Yeah, I'm kind of a brony if you couldn't tell by the avatar. But my (almost) 3 year old daughter is into it so that's my excuse. :lol:

Discord is great, especially with how simmilar they made him to Q. I wonder if that was before or after they cast John de Lancie.

Brony here! Although that should be obvious since my avatar is Rainbow Dash!

Most Bronies act like its the greatest thing to happen to the world but its not. Don't get me wrong I like the show... a lot.

Its just a good show. It is very pure and uncorrupted and I think its fairly original.

Plus the ponies are sooooo damn cute!

Yeah, one of my friends is like that. She pretty much only talks about Ponies and it gets awkward sometimes.

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
Some people have weird habits but this is the creme de la creme

Really? This is the most weird habit to you? Oh well different strokes for different folks.

The thing that gets me is that some people blow it wayyyyy out of proportion.

I consider myself a Brony and am not ashamed of that but i'm not one of those people who go nuts and talk about it twenty four seven. I really only talk about it with other people who enjoy the show.

On the other hand, some people look at Bronies as social outcasts and treat them differently because of it. Its weird. Overall its just a show that people like to watch. Let people enjoy it.

I just don't like when people take it to extremes, on either end of the spectrum I guess...

')