Bronies of SS.Org

• Thread starter Hemi-Powered Drone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dethonator

Metalhead Brony
Reaction score
they+also+made+a+reference+to+The+Big+Lebowski+_36990b9dffcb9bea6f93c1757016d38c.jpg

A screenshot from the show. Hint: they were at a bowling alley.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

anunnaki

Don't even play 7's
Reaction score
I don't respect grown men who watch a cartoon made for little girls.
There's something very creepy about it.

Guitarman700

Reaction score
I don't respect grown men who watch a cartoon made for little girls.
There's something very creepy about it.
I don't watch the show, but I wasn't aware anyone here was asking for, or wanted your respect.
The level of hostility in this thread is pretty disgusting. Calm your tits.

anunnaki

Don't even play 7's
Reaction score
I don't watch the show, but I wasn't aware anyone here was asking for, or wanted your respect.
The level of hostility in this thread is pretty disgusting. Calm your tits.

Alright then, sorry for stating my opinion

I'll keep my tits calm, maybe you should too

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Damn, some of you guys are nuts! What's wrong with a guy letting out the little girl in his soul (even though I don't believe in those)? Are you telling me that you never wanted to mess with Barbies when you were a kid??? I did! And I was a Hot Wheels kid all day long! Some people never lose the kid in them. I envy them, personally. Because working and paying bills squashed all of that right out of me. And I wish it was still there!

No need to be so uptight! People like what they like!

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Holy hell are people judgmental. Granted I don't watch the show, but damn. I see this same hateful mindset in homo/transphobes all the time. It doesn't affect you, it won't hurt you in any way at all, and volcanos and hellfire won't erupt and shower flaming glittery death upon you because someone on the internet that you've never met wants to watch a kid's show. Seriously, the over the top hate in here reeks of gender insecurity. And sorry to say, I do know a thing or two about gender insecurity....

What I wanna know is if you hate the show and feel it's dumb/gay/etc, why keep coming back into this thread to read/post about it?

I feel like it's 30 year old dudes that watch the show, hate themselves for it, then come back in here to harass others that like it, just to feel better about themselves. :noway:

To the bronies: Guys, just watch your show and forget the people that have nothing better to do than shit-talk over a kid's show. Love what you love, and don't apologize for it. :yesway:

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
I don't really care about grown men liking a children's cartoon, but I am irritated by the way people turn any stupid fucking thing into a caste. It's not at all limited to this brony thing (even though this particular instance is the one that sparked my ire) and I by no means resent groupings of people with a common interest but once you start assigning a social classification to something as arbitrary as "we like this tv show" and defining yourself by it (not that anyone here is necessarily defining themselves as a "brony" above all else but given the depths of stupidity people are capable of, it's probably not unfair to assume that some people out there probably do) you're a fuckwit in my book, regardless of whether you're doing it to segregate a group out of derision or fellowship.

In the grand scheme of things though, this isn't any dumber than dickhead teens tying costume tails around their belts and calling themselves werewolves, or any number of similarly ridiculous fads. The good news is that they are just that, given time they will just go away. The bad news is something exponentially more stupid will more than likely replace them.

I know I sound like a crotchety old man on this but this sort of thing has irritated me since I was in high school watching people my own age filter into different, mutually exclusive social groupings based on the most puerile crap.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I agree with hating dumb fads Bekanor, I really do. The werewolf thing to me is pretty dumb. Not a fan of MLP, but I came in here out of curiousity because I'm the type that when I don't understand something, I try to learn more about it. Or else I do like what I did with the werewolf thing and just ignore it completely and without the need to go out of my way to bash people that do like things.

Not sure why people have to get their panties in a twist over a cartoon, but then again, I'm sure people will find a reason to hate anything...

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
I agree with hating dumb fads Bekanor, I really do. The werewolf thing to me is pretty dumb. Not a fan of MLP, but I came in here out of curiousity because I'm the type that when I don't understand something, I try to learn more about it. Or else I do like what I did with the werewolf thing and just ignore it completely and without the need to go out of my way to bash people that do like things.

Not sure why people have to get their panties in a twist over a cartoon, but then again, I'm sure people will find a reason to hate anything...

I'm not trying "bash" people so much as get "things that irritate me about human nature" off my chest.

Reaction score
Huh. Reading through this thread, it seems like a good 1/2 - 2/3 of the posts are bashing. It's always interesting when people go out of their way to try and delegitimize a fandom or insult people for petty reasons.

Ah well...
mlfw2121-zTrb1.gif

Bobo

Reaction score
So one of my Xbox friends has changed his gamer tag to something to do with this. He has it all in his bio. Haven't played with him in awhile, but I thought it was just a joke. Now I'm not sure. WTF :confused:

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
So one of my Xbox friends has changed his gamer tag to something to do with this. He has it all in his bio. Haven't played with him in awhile, but I thought it was just a joke. Now I'm not sure. WTF :confused:

So why does it matter? People use things they like as usernames/gamertags/handles all the time.

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
I watched the first season in its entirety last summer, not as a brony so much as a fan of animation in general. It was pretty good. I didn't bother with the second season though.

I will say this, if Lauren Faust is the queen of Western Animation, then Genndy Tartakovsky is something the Evil Overlord May He Riegn for Eternity.

Bobo

Reaction score
So why does it matter? People use things they like as usernames/gamertags/handles all the time.

It's not that it matters enough to make a big deal of, I'm just don't know if he's joking or serious. It's a coincedence I saw this thread. I'll bust his balls if he's serious, a grown man joining a cult following for a little girls show should expect as much :lol: He's a smartass, so I hope he's serious so he can receive a bit of his own medicine. He went from pothead gamer tag to MLP, can't help but lawl at that.

Reaction score
I watched the first season in its entirety last summer, not as a brony so much as a fan of animation in general. It was pretty good. I didn't bother with the second season though.

I will say this, if Lauren Faust is the queen of Western Animation, then Genndy Tartakovsky is something the Evil Overlord May He Riegn for Eternity.

You should really watch the second season if you liked the first one. It's about 10x better, especially the first two and last two episodes. The Discord episodes and Royal Wedding pt 1 & 2 are probably the best episodes they've made.

')