Bronies of SS.Org

• Thread starter Hemi-Powered Drone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nickgray

Reaction score
Some people have weird habits but this is the creme de la creme

Seriously? Have you actually tried watching it? I've just finished the first episode and it's kind of... good. Gonna watch the second episode tomorrow. I mean seriously, where exactly does the line between the child fiction and adult (whatever that is) fiction lie? Alice in Wonderland, for instance, is considered to be children literature, which seems extremely strange to me, 'cause it's one damn strange book.

Though I've only watched one episode, it seems to me that people who dismiss the show (which I did at as well until now) as some silly cartoon for little girls. Which it kind of is to an extent. But not really. It's certainly more than watchable to adult audience.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mikemueller2112

Reaction score
I usually think the internet is an amazing and great thing...but things like this feed the other side of the argument.

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
My little pony is win.
Seen all the episodes.
If I could, I'd have a desktop fluttershy and pinkie pie.
Damnit science. Damnit Faust. :squint:

I still miss Cow & Chicken, but this is the best modern cartoon in this decade. You just can't argue with that. Fosters home got last decade, and before that, it was PPG.
Faust is a cartoon goddess. :yesway:

Dethonator

Metalhead Brony
Reaction score
You guys have no idea how good it feels to be new to a forum and find this.
mlp-dawesome.png

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
This makes me feel a lot better about being a trekkie, no offense guys.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
My enterance into bronydom can be described to eerie amounts of accuracy to by the episode two weeks ago, Read It and Weep. I was home from school, sick. A couple of my friends were telling me to watch it and, when I exhausted all other things to do, I watched the episode Sonic Rainboom. I didn't want to like it, but I did. Then I tried to hide it until I slipped up and made reference to the episode. Now its much easier not feeling like I had to hide it, I hang out with a shitload of bronies!

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
This makes me feel a lot better about being a trekkie, no offense guys.

I guess you aren't acquainted with Discord.

Discord_S02E02.png

Played by John De Lancie. You probably know him as playing this guy.

Q-Judge-q-star-trek-10759419-694-530.jpg

And Discord is an obvious, though a tad silly, homage to Q.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
My little pony is win.
Seen all the episodes.
If I could, I'd have a desktop fluttershy and pinkie pie.
Damnit science. Damnit Faust. :squint:

I still miss Cow & Chicken, but this is the best modern cartoon in this decade. You just can't argue with that. Fosters home got last decade, and before that, it was PPG.
Faust is a cartoon goddess. :yesway:
-_- We're only 2 years into the decade... This show isn't going to last that long. You're all seeming to realize that not much lasts too long on the big CN.

The misadventures of Flap Jack was supposed to be great, but is that even still showing?

Now they have Adventure Time, and the other one about a tall Blue Jay, and we all know those aren't going to be relevant for too much longer.

It's just a cartoon, guys, you'll find something else to get giddy over in a few months, hopefully it's busty women.

Demiurge

Reaction score
I probably know way too much about the goings-on at the Jersey Shore, so I am not in a position to judge with regard to TV habits. Gotta ask, though, is this some thing where the makers of the cartoon took an older IP and deliberately made it appealing to a demographic outside of what many would assume it to be?

Raaaaal13

Reaction score
Its so awesome to log in today and see this. I got into the show not too long ago but its definitely a favorite. I was wondering why so many memes were being made about it and I started watching...and now I'm hooked. It certainly helps that this show plays on The Hub along with my favorite current show on tv, Transformers Prime. As far as reasoning for watching the show, its actually enjoyable to me. I couldn't stand the garbage cartoons being plastered on tv nowadays. All the shows on Cartoon Network seem that they're only watchable if you're on some form of hallucinogen. Really glad to see this pop up.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
I probably know way too much about the goings-on at the Jersey Shore, so I am not in a position to judge with regard to TV habits. Gotta ask, though, is this some thing where the makers of the cartoon took an older IP and deliberately made it appealing to a demographic outside of what many would assume it to be?

No, Hasbro wanted a show for that would appeal to children, yet remain watchable to their parents. To do that, they hired Lauren Faust, the woman responsible for Power Puff Girls and Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends. They didn't expect it to be at all popular with young men, especially in the 18-34 demo.

')