Bronies of SS.Org

• Thread starter Hemi-Powered Drone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
No no no, bust your nut, meaning, you're putting way to much effort into something (arguing something that has no relation to you).

Not having super happy fun time :lol:

For the record Prince is a terrible artist, he is a man that dresses in purple and wears make-up, pretty ironic, I think he's fans should tolerate the fact that I hate him and think his fans are sucked into the irony not the actual content of his music.

I think he was being facetious.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
No no no, bust your nut, meaning, you're putting way to much effort into something (arguing something that has no relation to you).

Not having super happy fun time :lol:

For the record Prince is a terrible artist, he is a man that dresses in purple and wears make-up, pretty ironic, I think his fans should tolerate the fact that I hate him and think his fans are sucked into the irony not the actual content of his music.
DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT PRINCE THAT WAY. The man is a guitar genius, and has always done what he wanted with his music.

I understand where you're coming from with this, but don't ever talk about Prince that way.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT PRINCE THAT WAY. The man is a guitar genius, and has always done what he wanted with his music.

I understand where you're coming from with this, but don't ever talk about Prince that way.

I almost posted a similar sentiment but I wanted so much to see your reaction that I withheld. :rofl:

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Waaay too much seriousness in this thread.

Sicarius: The way you're currently acting is akin to someone that judges and mocks a person based on what kind of music they listen to. It's the whole "he likes deathcore so he's a faggot," routine. It's unconstructive and, frankly, immature, so don't.

Bronies: Just because someone dislikes your movement essentially on principal doesn't inherently mean they're "not giving it a chance." I don't like emo. If you make me listen to an emo band, even if they're the greatest emo band on the face of the earth, I'm not going to like it. Why? It's emo. And yet, the Earth continues to spin with an axial tilt of 23 degrees relative to its orbit, so just nod and move on.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
:rofl:

So now you can tolerate these guys beloved cartoon & those remarks about prince will disappear.
It's never going to happen. You're allowed your own opinions, but I'll kill you with a plastic spoon you bad mouth Prince like that again.
I almost posted a similar sentiment but I wanted so much to see your reaction that I withheld. :rofl:
I'm watching you, Brony.

Waaay too much seriousness in this thread.

Sicarius: The way you're currently acting is akin to someone that judges and mocks a person based on what kind of music they listen to. It's the whole "he likes deathcore so he's a faggot," routine. It's unconstructive and, frankly, immature, so don't.

Bronies: Just because someone dislikes your movement essentially on principal doesn't inherently mean they're "not giving it a chance." I don't like emo. If you make me listen to an emo band, even if they're the greatest emo band on the face of the earth, I'm not going to like it. Why? It's emo. And yet, the Earth continues to spin with an axial tilt of 23 degrees relative to its orbit, so just nod and move on.

That's actually the kind of person I am. Not the faggot part, that's just rude. But I will make fun of my friends for liking shitty music.

Dethonator

Metalhead Brony
Reaction score
I'm not trying to shit on the show. I guess what I'm trying to do is challenge those who are self-proclaimed bronies with a question about why you really like the show. Is it actually that awesome, or is it a fad-like internet phenomenon?

That has been under my mind for some time now. If it was really a fad, it would have died early 2011. But the fact is, it is getting larger and more complex by the day, and it is essentially now seen as an actual subculture, not only on the internet, but in real life.

Again, it is a extremely weird concept if you look at it from a distance. Like I mentionned, I sat down and watched it with high skepticism. I sat through 5-8 episodes in one sitting with a clear mind, and it was just a breath of fresh air from all the other stuff I watch. At the same time, it actually isn't boring. It grew from intriguing to captivating for me by 10 episodes.

This guy explains it better:

Pooluke41

H. Maddas
Reaction score
To be honest, I have tried to watch the show and to me it was just rainbows and lolipops,don't get me wrong I fucking love cartoons, I fucking love Spongebob (even though it is inferior to most Cartoon network shows) I fucking love Billy and Mandy, CatDog, Dexters Lab, Courage the cowardly dog, johnny bravo and all of those shows, but this, this isn't my thing at all, I find it too 'pansyish' for my tastes. Maybe I'm just Skeptical and it is the next best thing since sliced bread, but It's too soppy and sweet for me to get into, I don't really like the plots, It's like family guy and djent to me, some love it, some hate it.

But what I don't understand is why you call yourselves "bronies", I accept that you like the show but I don't get this adoration. I mean, I like Metalocalypse but I don't call myself a Klockateer, I like spongebob but I don't call myself a Spongebro, I like Dexters Laboratory but I wouldn't call myself a Dextite.

I honestly can't understand this.

Someone explain it to me, please.

Dethonator

Metalhead Brony
Reaction score
But what I don't understand is why you call yourselves "bronies", I accept that you like the show but I don't get this adoration. I mean, I like Metalocalypse but I don't call myself a Klockateer, I like spongebob but I don't call myself a Spongebro, I like Dexters Laboratory but I wouldn't call myself a Dextite.

I honestly can't understand this.

Someone explain it to me, please.

It's an internet thing, I guess. Bronies are typically fans of TF2, Minecraft, YouTube Poops, videogame music, and some of other "retro stuff." Basically, if you are into internet remix subculture, this show is the show as it is basically a sandbox for artists. Also, there is a lot of interaction with the creators of the show and the fans. The wall that divides them is more transparent to a point where the fans actually affect the content of the show.

Again, it's one of those internet things. It was done by the right people at the right place at the right time, and the internet had A LOT to do with it.

Dethonator

Metalhead Brony
Reaction score
Hipsters are far from being computer savvy. Bronies are typically CS majors.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
everything you described at first, describes the typical hipster...

There are a few hipsters in the CS field, trust me, I've seen them.

I hate hipsters more than anyone else, and I really don't like defending them, but Tech Savvy is pretty vauge term. they're not computer illiterate, they're savvy enough to post blogs on a Mac.

Dethonator

Metalhead Brony
Reaction score
so... Hipsters?

everything you described at first, describes the typical hipster...

There are a few hipsters in the CS field, trust me, I've seen them.

I hate hipsters more than anyone else, and I really don't like defending them, but Tech Savvy is pretty vauge term. they're not computer illiterate, they're savvy enough to post blogs on a Mac.

You clearly don't know what a brony or hipster is. This isn't very productive in the thread, and you shouldn't be trolling at 25.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
You shouldn't be watching a TV show for little girls, either.

Dammit Stealth.

')