Bronies of SS.Org

• Thread starter Hemi-Powered Drone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I keep trying to ignore this thread, but it always shows up in the new posts. Let it die!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Don Vito

Reaction score
^ Because cartoon horses, that's why.

This thread is now about anime high school girls.
1289749941622.gif

Dethonator

Metalhead Brony
Reaction score
I would be okay if they changed her voice a little since she sounded more like a young colt than a mare. But taking out the derpy eyes and her name is really raising questions.

Raaaaal13

Reaction score
Ugh, this whole Derpy thing just makes me upset. There was nothing wrong with poor Derpy to begin with! :noplease: And now its like she has no identity. I'm sure I'm quoting what everyone else has said, but she will always be Derpy to me.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
My personal feelings are that Derpy should not have been changed, it shows a lack of integrity and was rather unnecessary. They even said in multiple emails that they wouldn't change Derpy, then they do this. the voice sounds forced, and the edited line is weird. The last voice flowed better. It seems like Tabitha didn't really want to revoice, so she didn't live up to her quality. I'm a tad biased, though, as I tend not to be a fan of retcon of any form.

I'm curious to see what Ms. Faust has to say about this and what her feelings on this and Derpy's canonizing in the first place were.

Dethonator

Metalhead Brony
Reaction score
Derpy was kind of a fan mascot, so including her in the new episode was a huge fan service. Apparently, due to Derpy being considered "offensive" Hasbro had to-re edit the scene, and it was more than the voice. They also took out her name when the character spoke to her, and her derpy eyes, making them more "fixed," which basically removed her character because those were her trademarks. These are small things to the average viewer, but for the fans it was pretty important because it was the animator's way of nodding to the fans during season 2. Some people are raging about it, but a lot are actually civilized in addressing this concern to Hasbro.

It's similar to "remastered" Steven Spielberg and George Lucas films.

Latest posts

')