Brutal/Deathcore/Grindcore is NOT Music!- The Butthurt and Misunderstanding is strong

• Thread starter CrownofWorms
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
^Nice bump dude. :rolleyes:

It's pretty evident that this guy listens to prog anyways.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Now if anyone here agrees with this dude, can we agree to ban him or something? Guys?

E: Snap, didn't watch when this was posted. Oh well...

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
I dont actually disagree with him regarding some of that stuff. Like whatever music you do, I could care less, but some brutal grindcore is just abysmal for all the reasons he stated, specifically the lyrical examples he gave. That kind of grindcore is just plain ridiculous and obnoxious. But you can find bad music in any style...grindcore just happens to be of a more obnoxious kind. Superficial music will always exist irrelevant of the style, that doesnt make the style by default bad.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I dont actually disagree with him regarding some of that stuff. Like whatever music you do, I could care less, but some brutal grindcore is just abysmal for all the reasons he stated, specifically the lyrical examples he gave. That kind of grindcore is just plain ridiculous and obnoxious. But you can find bad music in any style...grindcore just happens to be of a more obnoxious kind. Superficial music will always exist irrelevant of the style, that doesnt make the style by default bad.

Using a blanket statement like "some brutal grindcore is just abysmal for all the reasons he stated" is incredibly subjective. Almost every single band he said was "music" sounds like someone shoving an audible icepick into my ear, but I don't go off being a douchebag like him pissing on other people's musical preference. There are more than enough people and known artists who say that Dream Theater doesn't make music but instead record boring scale exercises (I'm not one of them. :) )

He might as well be one of the obnoxious rap-loving douches that I went to high school with complaining that all metal is noisy crap that doesn't take talent.

...he also looks like an asshat and probably lives in his mother's basement complaining about how people are wrong on the internet and bragging about how he "showed those guys." :D

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
Using a blanket statement like "some brutal grindcore is just abysmal for all the reasons he stated" is incredibly subjective.

Give me a break, don't play that "it's just your opinion man" card. I'm pretty sure the general consensus by any rational, non-psychotic human being is that lyrics about being glad someone got breast cancer, or someone cutting out a vagina and eating it is not subjective. That's not art, that's being shocking for that sake of being shocking - it's crass, tasteless, and uninspired. Some people think pedophilia is fine, but that doesn't make it socially acceptable or tolerable.

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
I don't care about his musical opinions, but I really hate people who bring up arguments using elevated diction to make simple points that could be expressed in more normal terms just to make them sound intelligent and worthwhile. Reminds me of a kid who would throw this kind of shit into his high school English papers and was consistently confused why he would always bomb is assignments.

Congrats on your thesaurus bro.

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
He probly listens to Justin Bieber!!

The second very classy bump I've seen you do today. I have tip for your future on this forum (welcome BTW); check when the last reply was posted, and if it was last posted for, say, a couple of months ago (and the last reply in this thread was posted almost eight months ago), and you don't have anything productive to say (as in any new developments on a movie, record, etc), then maybe you don't post.

Second, listening to Justin Bieber does not invalidate what someone has to say about other things. It might be in very poor taste, but one's opinions does not become a black hole of "wrong" because of it.

Now, OT. I have seen PMrants around earlier, and I feel that he is trying way to hard on the "arm-chair intellectual"-trope. One does not become intelligent, or viewed as intelligent just because someone has something negative to say. Couple that with his obviously flawed understanding of his own definition about music (as he obviously has a very flawed understanding), and this becomes really entertaining to listen to.

I also like his premises that I don't think anyone else touched on:
-Metal is apparently a hegemonic and discrete genre now
-Which apparently developed into something called brutal/death/grindcore.

Yeah, it's not like music is something extremely subjective:rolleyes:

I don't care about his musical opinions, but I really hate people who bring up arguments using elevated diction to make simple points that could be expressed in more normal terms just to make them sound intelligent and worthwhile. Reminds me of a kid who would throw this kind of shit into his high school English papers and was consistently confused why he would always bomb is assignments.

Hey! Can't one be pretentious on this forum without you HOUNDING me???

Status
Not open for further replies.
')