Brutal/Deathcore/Grindcore is NOT Music!- The Butthurt and Misunderstanding is strong

• Thread starter CrownofWorms
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
This guy was up on Stuffyouwillhate a little while ago. He is truly hilarious/extremely sad.

Also hard lol at him using the word "Ostentatious" in the completely wrong context. lern2thesaurus, aspie dumbass.

Duelbart

Reaction score
Grindcore isn't music? He should go listen to some lowercase, musique concrete or noise and think again about the boundaries of sonic art.

Reaction score
i just watched this the other day, heres the comment i posted: Dude this rant makes you look just as ignorant as the fans you're hating on and nice try on using some bigger words to make yourself seem more intelligent than you really are. I can completely see how someone who likes Scar Symmetry would not like brutal death metal, you're more used to the power metal esque melodies and epicness and such but just because you don't like it doesn't mean its not good. Just because someone calls themselves a metalhead doesn't mean that they cant listen to other styles of music. Also you like Paranorman so your argument is invalid.

the dude is a grade A fuck, i thought the video was hilarious though

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Grindcore isn't music? He should go listen to some lowercase, musique concrete or noise and think again about the boundaries of sonic art.

Or even better, a Noise record made by a Grind band:

Now, I can understand how a power metal fan wouldn't like this. I'm not unreasonable :lol:

heilarkyguitar

Brown note
Reaction score
douche bags....fuck pepsi...Umm.....I want a coke fuck you.
sorry about the rant. Just cant stand when people try to push ideals of what they say is good music or not solely on an opinion.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Hilarous. xD As a fan of all kinds of metal, and a guitarist in a deathcore band, I can see how it isn't the easiest to enjoy... However, I fucking love deathcore. haha

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
I actually considered making a Video Response to this guy. I feel like the video responses thus far have been either off the topic or too nice. No one seems to try and pick holes in his rhetoric and take down his treatment of subjectivity.

In terms of debate, this guy fails hard by stating subjectivity as fact, and all the responses I've seen thus far have ranged from "NUH-UUH!" to "You actually need to be really good at your instrument to play this"* over to some kid honest-to-God trying to get him to like some wanky tech-death band whose name I've willingly forgotten.

No one seems interested in getting an actual debate going, but no one seems interested in closing the debate either. The video response I had considered was to be an attack on the notion that you can state your opinion as fact, and how this sort of nerdrage-influenced discourse is helping NO ONE. Nerdrage vs. Nerdrage can never be productive, and this guy needs to both shut and lighten the fuck up.

Ultimately, I decided against it since it occurred to me I would come off as equally sad. I mean, I have a beautiful girlfriend and a functioning social life and all that and I don't want to come off as someone like PMRants who will never have that.

*Still the lamest argument in the entire universe.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
I laughed very hard all throughout this video, especially when he talked about logos and lyrics. I listen to some grindcore--granted, not very much--but I see he does make some points. That being said, I will say something that has been said a thousand thousand times: music is subjective.

JLP2005

Chief Knuckledragger
Reaction score
I was taught by my theory teacher in High School that music is just sound over time. That's it.

I bet this guy doesn't even know how to play an instrument :\

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Also, the same guy has this video:

This guy is just sad.

TheOddGoat

Reaction score
"an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color."

Every soundclip he played satisfies this definition :ugh:.

Wellp, quote got splattered, but it's the one from the vid.

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
I agree with this guy about the vocals and lyrics of Brutal/Death/Grindcore, but otherwise, I disagree.

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember this experience I had once where I visited this art museum (I think it was in Berlin?), and there I saw this painting that was all black. ALL BLACK! I remember seeing a lot of art critics staring at it and discussing the content and meaning of it. I just saw a black canvas. Nothing more - nothing less.
It was obvious that I "didn't get" the artistic expression from that painting, but that didn't make it any less art.

I find this to be a very good parallel to this video/discussion. It's obvious that PMRants (or whatever his name is) doesn't "get" the whole brutal/deathcore/grindcore thing, but that doesn't make it any less music? :)
I'll give him this; he really does hate it with an impressive passion though! :lol:

Anyway, I just wanted to share this thought of mine :agreed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')