BS-7 question

mickeyr

Reaction score
Hey guys, :wavey:
im new to this forum and in search for buying my first seven string.
i have my eye on the LTD BS-7 for a while and i like the fact that its got awesome passive stock pickups, a bare maple neck and a floyd. im pretty digging the maple fretboard too.
my only concern is about the BS7 adler body sounding to bright especially with the maple top and neck. i currently own a mahogany body and neck ltd and i find the tone really appealing
so anyone got words of wisdom or experiance? shold i get the BS7 or are the any other sevenstringers with passive pickups, warm tonewood bodeis and a floyd?:metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MrPowers

Reaction score
You could get one of the new Schecter SLS series 7 strings, but I'm not sure they have a floyd option on all of those. Or you could get an ESP AW-7, again, no floyd.

Reaction score
In my experience it's somewhat brighter of a guitar, but it chugs well for Loomis type stuff, not really very djenty unless you're trying. I can switch between it and my all mahogany Hellraiser without much problem. The pickups will be the main difference between what you're wanting tone-wise. The EMGs in my 6 string Hellraiser have more gain than the CL/LF combo in my BS-7, so I have to add a bit more gain when I switch to the 7 from the 6. Truth be told I don't think woods matter that much, so I would go for pickups that you'd want before going after woods.

')