Buddy needs a replacement trem bar

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Any of you know of a site that sells 'em?

There's a few of the push-in types on eBay, but he needs the Lo-TRS II (I believe) screw-shroud type for an RG3xx.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shikaru

Mechanical Thunder
Contributor
Reaction score
are you sure it's a lo-trs II? I have an RG370dx and it's an edge-pro II i think. Not sure if that makes a difference. I'm pretty sure they sell replacement trem bars at Ibanez Rules

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Just for reference, if worse comes to worse, You can take out the whole whammy bar assembly (The part that holds the bar to the bridge) and replace it with the one that will come with the New bar.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Shikaru said:
are you sure it's a lo-trs II? I have an RG370dx and it's an edge-pro II i think. Not sure if that makes a difference. I'm pretty sure they sell replacement trem bars at Ibanez Rules
Also just for reference:
pre-2003 370's had TRS-II's, and ones before that had standard TRS' that had a weird assembly where the bar screwed into the mount without a screw sleeve, almost like a strat bar.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Just for reference, if worse comes to worse, You can take out the whole whammy bar assembly (The part that holds the bar to the bridge) and replace it with the one that will come with the New bar.

Hah, I never considered that. Two screws or so to replace the nut with the push-in sleeve, yea?

Digital Black

Reaction score
I don't think that fender brand one is gonna fit. My guitar center carries both styles of Ibanez replacement bars. I bought 2 lo pro, pop in types for spares and it came with extra bushings. They don't have the newer bar ( ZR is different I thinik ) styles yet..
I was surprized they even had this considering how hard it is to locate online..

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Chris said:
Hah, I never considered that. Two screws or so to replace the nut with the push-in sleeve, yea?

Yeah dude, to take it out, you'll have to free the bridge, then turn it over. There will be a nut holding it on, just loosen the nut and it should come out, and you can stick the Floyd style one in there. There's a guy on Jemsite that does that with RG550's.

Dr.Feelgood

S.P Axe Master
Reaction score
Sephiroth000 said:
I don't think that fender brand one is gonna fit. My guitar center carries both styles of Ibanez replacement bars. I bought 2 lo pro, pop in types for spares and it came with extra bushings. They don't have the newer bar ( ZR is different I thinik ) styles yet..
I was surprized they even had this considering how hard it is to locate online..
If this one doesnt work, am I able to order one through you? :)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've used a Fender bar in a Lo-TRS trem before - not perfect, but it works.

I think I eventually overtightened it and broke the thing, though - good thing it was a 6-string. ;)

-D

Dr.Feelgood

S.P Axe Master
Reaction score
Drew said:
I've used a Fender bar in a Lo-TRS trem before - not perfect, but it works.

I think I eventually overtightened it and broke the thing, though - good thing it was a 6-string. ;)

-D
Chris is trying to get me to do 7, if this bar doesnt work, Then it's a 7 for me :yesway:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
*sends weak aluminum vibes at the good Dr's trem* ;)

where in Vt? I went to school up there, always had a soft spot for that state...

-D

Dr.Feelgood

S.P Axe Master
Reaction score
Drew said:
*sends weak aluminum vibes at the good Dr's trem* ;)

where in Vt? I went to school up there, always had a soft spot for that state...

-D
I grew up in Moretown, 30 minutes south of Burlington. Im stationed at Dyess Air Force Base in Texas at the moment. It suxs

')