Bugera 333!!

• Thread starter stevo1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
So today, I got to open a birthday present and was pleasantly surprised by a new bugera 333. After slacking around some, I figured I'd set it up. So after I got all ready, I turned it on, and waited for the tubes to heat up. After about 2 minutes, I turned of standby and was immediately greeted by radio sounds. Mexican radio channel sounds. Then I started to play. Now this amp is supposed to be a copy of the xxx but they sound a little different, but has that basis sound there. It has a SHITLOAD of gain, The gain on the crunch channel is enough for me, but the lead channel sounds a litle but better, so I use the gain on like 3. And it's more than enough for death metal. I'm impressed with this amp so far, its built pretty sturdily, it's a newer one, so it doesn't have that problem that these bugeras used to have. The only thing wrong with it is the Mexican broadcasting vomiting from my speakers, and this kind of clicking sound when you play a note. I figured that these would go away with new, much better tubes. ?????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
Do you mean like an actual Mexican radio station is playing through? :rofl:

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
Umm, it's in all Spanish, but they're talking about Mexico and the crap that they're in right now. I can kind of understand it, I speak a little bit, but I can understand alot better. Hahahaha

KoenDercksen

Quantum Realm
Reaction score
Radio channels happen often with me when I have my phone near my guitar, and play through an amp. The pickups pick up stuff via the phone I guess :lol:

Congratulations dude!

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
Radio channels happen often with me when I have my phone near my guitar, and play through an amp. The pickups pick up stuff via the phone I guess :lol:

Congratulations dude!

It's not the phone, but m getting new tubes soon for it, and if it still does it, I'll shield the inside of the amp

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Get some good guitar chords and patchs too, it does wonder against radios hijacking your amp :D and it sounds better too, so it's all bonus :)

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
Get some good guitar chords and patchs too, it does wonder against radios hijacking your amp :D and it sounds better too, so it's all bonus :)

I have like a 40$ planet waves cable. Good patches?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some quality cables at all connection points, as well as a "clean" power source will help to stave off the radio interference. Though, you might also want to look at the shielding within your guitar.

Honestly, I don't see a tube swap really fixing this problem.

Zehailiu

Reaction score
I used to play music from my cell phone through the pickups by putting the phone right on the pup.
So sounds it might be shitty shielding in your electronics cavity or pickups' potting.

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
I used to play music from my cell phone through the pickups by putting the phone right on the pup.
So sounds it might be shitty shielding in your electronics cavity or pickups' potting.

Its not the guitar, it does it without the guitar as well. Plus my guitar is already shielded, and has emus and better electrons inside all wired correctly. It's not the cables, tested them with other amps, it's not the cabinet. The only thing left is the amp itself, so I am going to probably shield the amp.

Zehailiu

Reaction score
Ok here's my idea then, take a cell phone, call it from your house phone, and move it around the amp while it's ringing, if you hear interference through the amp, then you'll know where it needs shielding.

viesczy

Reaction score
Congrats on the 333!

On occassion I've gotten radio stations through all of my amps, just something that happens on occassion.

As for the 333 itself, it has a huge amount of gain! I have a XXX and a 333xl (which is really the JSX clone) and the massive amounts of gain present in both amps is almost paralyzing. Honestly I don't think I'd want to be w/o either, both give great tones and I actually use the ultra/lead channel as the rhythm and voice the crunch channels for more of a mid range voice to help cut through the mix when soloing.

Derek

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
yeah, but the radio is very present, its kind of annoying, but a noise suppressor will probably work. and ill try the phone thing soon.

abstract

Reaction score
yeah, but the radio is very present, its kind of annoying, but a noise suppressor will probably work. and ill try the phone thing soon.

Not if it's coming from inside the amp. A noise gate will only block sounds occurring previously in the signal chain. ;)

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
I contacted the people at Bugera, and the person said that it could either be faulty tubes, or a cold solder joint, so since it's under warranty, he said that I need to bring it in to a nearby audio tech store, where they will diagnose it, and fix it for free.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
hahah same thing used to happen to my old Krank, but only at one venue in our town. Always had to turn the amp down between songs so I didnt blast pop music from my cabinet :lol:

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
ive been fiddling around with it, tried a whole bunch of cables, alot of them different lengths, and it still broadcasts. i pulled the last cable i tried it with out, and the amp was completely silent... a lot of people keep saying use high grade cables, which i've done, but it still makes the sound.

')