Bugera 6260

• Thread starter BeforeTheTrial
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BeforeTheTrial

Reaction score
I know how everyone feels about Bugera, but I found a 6260 on ZZOUNDS for 309 bucks, and I just couldnt pass it up. I just purchased an orange ppc412, and as long as the Bugera doesnt explode, it should be a killer sounding setup! What do you guys think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TeeWX

All The Br00tz
Reaction score
Most people seem to think they sound close enough to the peaveys they're copied from. The only real question is like you stated the reliability. Time will tell on that one. With lower end stuff it's always a gamble. The orange ppc412 should be a sick cab for you. They look great too!

Chrisjd

Banned
Reaction score
They sound really good. I've heard the newer ones(over the last year or two) have had better reliability. You should be good to go.

AlexEdwards

Reaction score
I played and gigged with a 6262 for about 4 years. Our other guitarist was running a 6505 and we both ran through Mesa 4x12's. aaaaand our tone was identical.

I originally picked up the 6262 with the intention to upgrade to the 6505 down the road, never did just because the price difference didn't justify it IMHO.

oh- and for what it's worth. Had zero reliability issues. in fact, throughout the time I owned it my bandmate's 6505 visited the shop at least 3 times. ha!

DaemonRage

Shred Till You're Dead!
Reaction score
I myself had a 6505+ Head that was in the shop a few times over the 4 years I had it. I recently got rid of it because I couldn't count on it for gigs. I'm looking into a Bugera as well for the price point. :agreed:

AlexEdwards

Reaction score
I myself had a 6505+ Head that was in the shop a few times over the 4 years I had it. I recently got rid of it because I couldn't count on it for gigs. I'm looking into a Bugera as well for the price point. :agreed:

You really cannot beat the price for what you are getting, and honestly, the critical attention on reliability was from their first few runs of the amps, the Infinum Bugeras are infinitely better as far as reliability goes from what i've read.

Having said that my 6262 was pre-Infinuim and still kicked ass with no hiccups.

Don't knock it till ya try it!

TeeWX

All The Br00tz
Reaction score
oh- and for what it's worth. Had zero reliability issues. in fact, throughout the time I owned it my bandmate's 6505 visited the shop at least 3 times. ha!

I myself had a 6505+ Head that was in the shop a few times over the 4 years I had it. I recently got rid of it because I couldn't count on it for gigs

That's pretty interesting actually. When you say 6505 you mean the newer heads actually labeled 6505/6505+ right? I wonder if they have skimped on quality since the old 5150's. My 5150's been pretty good to me so far other than a tube replacement but it had used ones in when I got it and that's kind of a given thing. It has done some questionable things before but always turned out to be nothing.

BeforeTheTrial

Reaction score
It's great to see everyone is giving Bugera a chance, I just couldnt pass up that price!

AaronGraves

Reaction score
I have an HD Pro, but I want to get myself a 6262 for live use! I've never really given Bugera any thought until recently when I started looking at amps. Can't beat that price point! From the videos I've seen, they sound killer! \m/

BeforeTheTrial

Reaction score
EXCELLENT! We should all use Bugera signatures! hah! BTW! I just purchased an Orange PPC412 today for $380 and my Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat! Gonna be sick with the 6260!!

Latest posts

')