Bugera 6262, EL34 or 6L6 for "djent"

• Thread starter rob_707
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rob_707

but will it Bethesda?
Reaction score
Hey everyone I just got a bugera 6262 and its currently loaded with 4 EL34's as well as 6 12AX7's, now i play "djenty" style playing or prog rock if you will, and im curious about the different style tubes and brands.

What I'm looking for, obviously is clarity but I need the low low end punch.
At the moment my amp sounds pretty decent but it is a little hissy for me, and I want to try and get rid of that. If the 12AX7's are also the culprit to the hiss let me know i am open to opinions for them as well.

I'm running the head threw a mesa lonestar 4x10 cab a noise suppressor as well and I'm just waiting on a compressor to equal everything out,if you are wanting to know.

thanks for the help Cheers
Rob

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wrecklyss

Custom Speaker Cabinet Builder
Reaction score
KT77 or 6CA7 both will be like a blend of EL34 and 6L6. The KT77 is like an EL34 with better lows and highs while the 6CA7 is pretty much the closest thing to a hybrid of a 6L6 and EL34.

It takes lots of mids and tight lows to djent. With both of the above being mid present tubes with enhanced lows, i think they might get you to djent the easiest. I'll admit right now though, i don't personally play djent, just going on the tube characteristics.

rob_707

but will it Bethesda?
Reaction score
KT77 or 6CA7 both will be like a blend of EL34 and 6L6. The KT77 is like an EL34 with better lows and highs while the 6CA7 is pretty much the closest thing to a hybrid of a 6L6 and EL34.

It takes lots of mids and tight lows to djent. With both of the above being mid present tubes with enhanced lows, i think they might get you to djent the easiest. I'll admit right now though, i don't personally play djent, just going on the tube characteristics.

thanks for the information, but is the amp able to handle thoughs tubes with out having to be sent in for tweaking?

vick1000

Reaction score
Is it the Infinium version? You can put just about anything in the power section of the Infinium series. But KT77s and 6CA7s are just EL34s, direct replacements. You should check bias in any case, to make sure everything is in spec, after a tube change.

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
Mess with the mids and presence; sweet spot varies from cab to cab but my god that head sounds tasty when you hit it. Just a thought before getting new tubes.

rob_707

but will it Bethesda?
Reaction score
Mess with the mids and presence; sweet spot varies from cab to cab but my god that head sounds tasty when you hit it. Just a thought before getting new tubes.
i have been messing with the presence and mids and have a good sound but i want to try to get rid of some of the fizz or hiss so to speak

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
It really doesnt matter - pick which one you like more.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
i have been messing with the presence and mids and have a good sound but i want to try to get rid of some of the fizz or hiss so to speak

Want less fizz? Turn the gain knob to 0 and turn it up until you get enough crunch. Probably don't need a ton of presence either.

')