Bugera 6262 or Bugera 333XL?

• Thread starter icedogs41
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

punisher911

blah blah blah
Reaction score
333xl with tube change. I had one, it was great until the stock tubes went fizzy... I was getting ready to retube it, but traded it away for a Fender Aerodyne Jazz instead as I play bass again and I didn't need the 120w guitar amp sitting there. It was mega versatile though with the 3 channels. Sounded great through my Vader 2X12.

drenzium

Reaction score
The 6262 is very good, but you'll need a boost for it.

The 333XL is differently voiced but can be EQed to roughly sound the same, but i find the distortion is a lot more compressed and a lot tighter than the 6262 and I can reach the same level of saturation without a boost.

I personally think the 333XL is a better stand alone amp if you cant afford pedals, but i hands down recommend the 6262 if you have the coin to supplement it with a nice boost.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
To the op, save your money and buy a real peavey. The bugera line isn't exactly known to have great quality. I've heard bad things.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
They're axing the JSX? :eek:

EDIT:

Appears Satch is going Marshall. Never saw that coming!

Any link for that news?
I went to the Peavey site, nothing has changed, the JSX head, combo, and the Slant and Straight cabs are still there:scratch:

CodyMTS

jun jun jun
Reaction score
I fucking HATED ... just about every amp I've owned ... Even when purchased band new.

Why would you buy an amp you hated....
This is my point. An amp should sound GOOD straight away, and BETTER with new tubes. Im not going to buy a hunk of shit and expect retubing it to magicly fix it.
The ONLY reason I got my bugera was from lack of experience with other amps, and it is the single piece of gear I most regret buying.

It is a good, cheap metal amp.
It is and absoulely HORRIBLE deathcore amp.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any link for that news?
I went to the Peavey site, nothing has changed, the JSX head, combo, and the Slant and Straight cabs are still there:scratch:

peavey jsx discontinued - Google Search
joe satriani using marshall - Google Search

Why would you buy an amp you hated....
This is my point. An amp should sound GOOD straight away, and BETTER with new tubes. Im not going to buy a hunk of shit and expect retubing it to magicly fix it.
The ONLY reason I got my bugera was from lack of experience with other amps, and it is the single piece of gear I most regret buying.

Because I KNEW I could get great tones if I tweaked them a little bit. Just like when I buy a guitar with shit pickups. I know a simple, cheap "upgrade" will make a huge difference in tone. After I swapped tubes I LOVED those amps, except for the 5150, I only liked that one.

Think tubes don't make a difference all you want, it's still not going to make your 333 sound or respond better. :lol:

drenzium

Reaction score

Both models are easily capable of doing deathcore. I boost my 6262 with a modded ts7 and gate it with an isp decimator, and it absolutely crushes in the rhythm department. So i really dont think you know what you're talking about.

My 6262 is one of the pieces of gear i'm actually glad i did buy.

To the op, save your money and buy a real peavey. The bugera line isn't exactly known to have great quality. I've heard bad things.

This is everybodies opinion, and it is stupid. Their initial production line was plagued with problems (this happens to more companies than you think, you just dont know about it because they are already beyond it and well established by now) but their current production line IS FINE. Majority of the problems have been corrected.

newamerikangospel

Tonight.......you
Reaction score
Haha, wow. AFramus Cobra (which was around $3k-$3.25k for a new one when there was a Framus Dealer in the US) is loaded with EH tubes. I noticed that the lead channel gain couldn't be taken above 6 without starting to eat itself (mushy, noisy, loss of clarity, etc). A tube change to "regular" JJ 12ax7 (which seem to have more gain than most other tube manufacturers) actually cleaned up the gain up to 10 (usable, but not desirable gain :lol: ).

I would say 333(xl)>6262>6260, as I prefer a slightly more cleanly saturated (read as compressed), smoother tone; and love 3 channel amps.

CodyMTS

jun jun jun
Reaction score
Just to summarise my points as a few people are misreading me i think
Im not bagging out 6262s, i dont have enough experience with one.
I play deathcore and my 333 sucks for it. I dont see how a 333xl will be much great if a 333 sucks for this style of music.
If you were going to get a 6262, you might as well get a second hand peavey because it will sound better.
This is my opinion, op, i hope this helps.

')