Bugera 6262 or Bugera 333XL?

• Thread starter icedogs41
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Opeth666

Reaction score
by a dan electro fish in chips eq and either of these amps will become monsters....buy an even better eq and you will surely be in god mode

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
This is my view/take on Bugera amps...

So what if their initial line was bad and had problems? I see this as a good thing because it provided them with a list of things they needed to address in order to provide a better product. You could apply this analogy to them as well, when you're at the bottom of a mountain there's only one way to go from there... and that's to the top.

You could also use the analogy of the new iPhone 4 that was recently released, it currently has problems with the OS and all that but you can bet your ass that Apple are promptly going to get all the bugs worked out and provide an excellent product.

That's my 2 cents worth.

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
guitar center had a used peavey jsx for 500$ when i went last night. so you could probably find one for that much. ALSO, can anyone tell me what the difference are between the 333 and the 333xl? like soundwise. because i love the 3120/XXX which the regular 333 is modeled after, so i was wondering if there is a difference between them soundwise. less gain? more gain? whatever!

Zehailiu

Reaction score
The XL has a noise gate on the lead channel, which is I think auto-engaged, it's useful, but I wish it was on the crunch since that channel has some noise with gain cranked or boosted.
There is a XL switch for lead and crunch channel, it acts kinda like a BBE sonic maximizer, gives you a little extra top and bottom, not all that much but I guess it's better than nothing.

dunno

Reaction score
If you are from U.S. it is better choice to look into the real deal, which means Peavey 6505/5150 or Peavey JSX.
I own Bugera 6260 and the sound of it is really good, also their reliability issues are completely gone now so it is awesome amp for the price (saved my butt on last gig, when I blew the fuse on my mesa and didnt have any spare to change on the place) The sound at least to me seemed to be brighter than peavey 5150 and less smoother, character is definetely there but I find 5150 much more ear pleasing. On the other hand when I throw a tubescreamer on crunch channel with bright switch engaged on my Bugera it is really really tight and agressive, really brutal sound. Tubescreamer smooths out the highs and tights the low end, also enhances the hi mids which results in very metalcore-ish sound. I dont play djent but I believe it could nail it no problem too. Definetely something I wouldnt expect from amp this cheap.
As for the 333xl. I heard one and didnt find it nothing like jsx. That Bugera seemed to me a little too harsh, jsx is one smooth nice sounding amp, harmonically much richer (at least to my ears) I woudnt notice 333xl is a copy of JSX if I didnt know so. But again on the other hand I have friends that play metalcore and real good one imo (Im not into this genre but their music is good) and they play through peavey 5150 and bugera 333xl...and when they recorded in the studio recently, they borrowed my Mesa triple rectifier and for your surprise bugera 333xl over the peavey.
Heres their site, take a listen...one side is bugera one side is mesa triple rec.
DRAMA QUEEN !!!KRST EP 6.11.!!! - Bandzone.cz | Kytary.cz

Metal_Late

Reaction score
Because I KNEW I could get great tones if I tweaked them a little bit. Just like when I buy a guitar with shit pickups. I know a simple, cheap "upgrade" will make a huge difference in tone. After I swapped tubes I LOVED those amps, except for the 5150, I only liked that one.

Think tubes don't make a difference all you want, it's still not going to make your 333 sound or respond better. :lol:

Maybe I´ll have to do comparison between stocktubes and Svetlana & Tungsol- tubes.

Maybe just throw 57 infront of Bugera cab and record :lol:
Of course no post eq or effects.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
wow, if people here buy food the way they post on threads I'm in fear. Read the date!

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
The XL has a noise gate on the lead channel, which is I think auto-engaged, it's useful, but I wish it was on the crunch since that channel has some noise with gain cranked or boosted.
There is a XL switch for lead and crunch channel, it acts kinda like a BBE sonic maximizer, gives you a little extra top and bottom, not all that much but I guess it's better than nothing.

That really doesnt answer my question though. I know the differences technologically and stuff, but is there any difference soundwise? Like if you took the 333 and the 333xl, put the same settings on them, same everything, obviously the xl switch off, would they sound the similiar? Like the 5150 has more gain than the 5150II. Something like that. Is there?

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
Yeah, I posted to find something out instead of making a whole other thread, and after I posted I looked at the last date and swore. Hahaha I became that guy that nobody enjoys who resurrects past threads.

')