Bugera 6262 or Bugera 333XL?

• Thread starter icedogs41
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
The 6262 is modeled after a 6505+ and the 333xl is modeled after a jsx.

They'll both do what you need them to, personally I like the 333xl more because of the built in noise gate / extra channel / versatility. But I have really limited experience with either so take what I say with a grain of salt.

if you plan to get the 6262 new I would just opt to look for a used 6505.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The 6262 is modeled after a 6505+ and the 333xl is modeled after a jsx.

They'll both do what you need them to, personally I like the 333xl more because of the built in noise gate / extra channel / versatility. But I have really limited experience with either so take what I say with a grain of salt.

if you plan to get the 6262 new I would just opt to look for a used 6505.

:agreed:

Look up some vids on YouTube of the amps they're copying.

Metal_Late

Reaction score
I own 333xl and have tested 6260 (different i know).
To me 6260 sounded weaker and had more noise going on.

I changed all tubes to Tungsol 12AX7 and Svetlana Winged C El34 and now it has great response with sound and allmost no noise comparing Peavey valveking, xxl, ENGL Thunder and Randall RH1503G heads.

And your every guitar is going to sound different.
My experiences :cool:

CodyMTS

jun jun jun
Reaction score
I own a bugera 333. I've played 6505s, 5150s, ive seen jsxs live and heard 6262s all with my own ears. Bugera fucking suck, buy a second hand peavey 6505 or 5150 head, and get a half decent cab. Even if you have to wait longer to save, it really IS worth it.

If you MUST get a bugera, do NOT get a 333. they are absolute SHIT for deathcore.

snuif09

Reaction score
I own a bugera 333. I've played 6505s, 5150s, ive seen jsxs live and heard 6262s all with my own ears. Bugera fucking suck, buy a second hand peavey 6505 or 5150 head, and get a half decent cab. Even if you have to wait longer to save, it really IS worth it.

If you MUST get a bugera, do NOT get a 333. they are absolute SHIT for deathcore.

can you rdescribe why they suck? this post seems very fanboyish and useless to me.

the 6262 sounds almost identical to a 5150II wich pretty much is the standard in deathcore:scratch:

jaretthale78

7 stringed playa
Reaction score

bro, did u even bother to change the tubes in the 333? :scratch:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Why? They're tight, have tone of gain on tap, and have an effective tone stack. Just like a JSX. With an OD out front to boost, I know JSX's can get super aggro.

Like has been mentioned, replace them stock tubes.

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score

I have to disagree with this. While I haven't played the 333, I did test out a couple of 6262's while I was amp shopping and I felt they copied the 6505 pretty well. The only reason I decided to go with the Peavey was for reliability issues that Bugera has supposedly fixed. If you have the money for a Peavey then that gets my vote but from a tone standpoint, there's nothing wrong with the Bugera's I've played at all. :2c:

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
Which one would you guys reccomend for music in the metalcore/deathcore area?

:deadhrse:

Sorry, had to say it.

You might try searching, as this has been discussed before. :wavey:

If you're in the US, it makes more sense to choose between a used JSX or 5150II/6505+ rather than a bugera. :2c:

CodyMTS

jun jun jun
Reaction score
Honestly my two main beefs with the 333 are
EQ: The bass/mid/treble on the lead and rhythm channel are horrible to work with, and the mids are impossible to dial in without having to completely re-EQ the whole channel
Gain: 0-4 sounds too weak, 4-6 just sounds bad, and 6-10 is just all fizz
Noise: IT JUST DOESNT STOP SQUEALING even with a noise suppressor on max

Basicly its the best new amp for hard rock/thrashy metal stuff you can get for its price.
But if you dont care about versatility, dont care about anything except a good deathcore rhythm tone for a similar price, get a 5150 or a 6505. Trust me, I've had a bunch of trouble trying to get a good deathcore tone out of this 333 and I've come to the conclusion that you cant.

HOWEVER

6262's and 6260's are miles ahead of 333s for this kind of tone. But I would much rather spend my hard earned cash on something i KNOW will sound good (5150/6505) second hand, rather than make the mistake of going for a chance with something inferior just because its a copy, and comes new.

EDIT: That 'dissonant' palm muted chord (i call them 'juns') that deathcore revolves around
(say your in drop A on a 6 for this one)
b---
f#---
d---
a---
e-2-
a-1-
sounds totally shithouse through this amp
any dissonant riffage just isnt handled by it all, the bottom end just completely flops out
and an amp should sound good new, before you need to replace any tubes

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Honestly my two main beefs with the 333 are
EQ: The bass/mid/treble on the lead and rhythm channel are horrible to work with, and the mids are impossible to dial in without having to completely re-EQ the whole channel
Gain: 0-4 sounds too weak, 4-6 just sounds bad, and 6-10 is just all fizz
Noise: IT JUST DOESNT STOP SQUEALING even with a noise suppressor on max

Which begs the question, did you swap the shitty (yeah, they really are) stock tubes with some quality replacements? From the sounds if both the gain and noise issues can be solved via a tube swap.

As for the EQ, while a tube swap could help with this situation, I've played $2500+ amps that have finicky EQ. Rectos anyone? :lol:

As for:
an amp should sound good new, before you need to replace any tubes

I fucking HATED my 5150, my Recto, my V3, and my........ well just about every amp I've owned I needed to swap the tubes on. Even when purchased band new. It's the name of the game when it comes to tube amps.

Also Peavey isn't exactly know for putting the best tubes in their amps when they ship them.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Also Peavey isn't exactly know for putting the best tubes in their amps when they ship them.

Yeah isn't that kind of the point? quality amp + shitty tubes = keep prices down so you can switch the tubes to whatever fit your taste.

No different than say oh... pickups... strings...

Cody has unreasonable expectations.

Opeth666

Reaction score
id say get the 333xl they are amazing amps, ive played two and a 6260 as well, one I played at the shop with the stock tubes and the other 333 i played was at my buddies house who swapped in some new tungsol 12ax7s and JJ El34s and that thing is an absolute monster! to save on money id get the 333xl and since they have fixed the reliability issues its a sure win man.

my friend also has a 6260 with JJ EL34s and it sounds EXACTLY like my old 5150.

go for it my friend just use the extra money left over to do a tube swap.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My 3120 had 3 JJ ECC83S's and a Sovtek LPS in the pre, and JJ EL34s in the power amp stock..... :scratch: Not very shitty for Peavey.

Maybe that's changed. I haven't bought a new Peavey in years.

I know just about everyone I know, including myself, had to swap the tubes in their 5150 and 5150 IIs when they got them. The stock tubes weren't shit by any means, though, I never said they were.

My main point is stock tubes don't always equal best tubes. :)

Latest posts

')