Build - Headless 6 string - 27 fret

• Thread starter Omzig
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Omzig

Reaction score
Are you using your DIY luminlays on this build?

Yes sir i will be installing them come monday,The osmo oil im using to finish/seal this neck with has UV blockers in so i didn't want to get it over the UV charged inlays ;)

Still didn't get chance to solar rez the body today...almost no rain and blue skies/sun for over 2 months now in the UK (a very rare event) and when i need sun/UV it bloody well rains.......starting to think i should just crack out the Rustins Plastic coat again,if id have used that earlier in the week it would have cured by now really for flat and buff....i have my eye on some water based hardwood floor finish from floortechproducts.co.uk/ Waterthane Super gloss and the wet look polish specs look good,but they don't offer samples and min size is 1lt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Omzig

Reaction score
Let there be light ! (for the Solar rez to cure lol)

axh2kw.jpg

Omzig

Reaction score
So been a fair while since i looked at this build....it's been solarez clear coated and flatten all put together and is/was playing feeling great....apart from the fact that i totally hate the look (has a blur tint in somelights which robs a lot of the warmth from the beech/mohog) and feel of the finish...

final sanding and polishing revealed a number of micro holes/bubbles in the finish (i have since learnt this is due to static+dust)

2ngya21.jpg

and while leveling between coats some finish sanding dust got caught under the final coat leaving little white dots.....

16kcm5s.jpg

So ive just sanded the lot off and it's back to bare wood again,once the osmo's done on the ibby-tele thing i see how it buffs out and think about doing this in the osmo aswell.

Latest posts

')