Build your own USB Guitar

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Awesome! I liked the logo inlay trick, too!

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its just amazing. That means no more pods, or tone ports to deal with. However I cant imagine doing this to a guitar myself.

ibzrg1570

Reaction score
This is way too intense for most people, but it's a cool concept. I wonder how much that'd cost to have done by a tech?

DagMX

Reaction score
This is way too intense for most people, but it's a cool concept. I wonder how much that'd cost to have done by a tech?

Its actually pretty easy depending on your guitar. I dont think it would cost much. If your willing to do the drilling(hey! it rhymes) then you just need to find someone to do the rewiring. You could probably get it doen for free if you have a nice friend willing to help out.

thedonutman

Reaction score
Hmmm....should I do this to my old GRG. The trem is blocked, so I can put a lot of the wiring in the cavity I guess.

Just need to source a USB interface......

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
That's pretty neat! Another interesting idea would be to replace the USB with a regular digital out. Then if you happened to be running into something like a modeler that had a digital input, you wouldn't have to worry about long instrument cables degrading the sound.

')