Building BlackDroïd 7V

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Man the neck and the inlay....This is oing to be a major beast! ,want to see it get played ASAP.

Thanks man :)
The logo is not an inlay, its a very hard type of sticker which goes under some protective matt lacquer...

I'm looking forward making a video for you guys:)

led-ua

Dysphoria (guitars)
Reaction score
Thanks man :)
I'm looking forward making a video for you guys:)
Oh, it will be a real pleasure to watch how this 7V beast is being built:metal:
Such threads with picstories inspire very much to learn more about guitar construction, type of woods and their tone, pickups and other stuff, and even inspire to play more:) Thanks for that!

Hybrid138

Reaction score
I?m sorry my english is not very good so maybe somebody will be able to explein better then me....

First wrap (full 360° turn) = above the hole in which you put the string so you pass over the string...

Other wraps until the string is tight = below the hole in which you put the string... below the string

Thanks for replying. So you put the string in through the top of the hole and make one full turn. Then you get the rest of the string and put up through the bottom of the hole and continue winding the tuner until the string is tight?

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. So you put the string in through the top of the hole and make one full turn. Then you get the rest of the string and put up through the bottom of the hole and continue winding the tuner until the string is tight?

I tried my best to explain, sorry :ugh:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i think what he meant was that you put the string straight through the hole. then you wind it a full rotation, all the way around, 360 degrees, letting the string wrap around above the string hole, so it lays on top of the string.

then, when you keep winding from there, you let the string go under it instead.

it's hard as hell to explain though, it's easier to show it :p

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
i think what he meant was that you put the string straight through the hole. then you wind it a full rotation, all the way around, 360 degrees, letting the string wrap around above the string hole, so it lays on top of the string.

then, when you keep winding from there, you let the string go under it instead.

it's hard as hell to explain though, it's easier to show it :p

You did a better job then me on that one :agreed:

I will make a video next time and explain....

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
I agree--the plate should be recessed. Other than that though, it looks great! I especially like the "worn" looking finish! :hbang:

Done, I cut the recess :agreed:

l_095dc541bf6a4614a5f4815c50ab5d9c.jpg

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
BTW ,how can you build a guitar soo fast? You are really an effective handworker indeed!

Right now the waiting time for one of my guitars is 2 monthes, its about to go up to 4 monthes because i'm very busy with orders...

And yes I work like a crazy sicko for hours and hours in my workshop, sometimes up to 12 hours a day if I feel like it...

Of course I could blablabla and tell my customers to wait 7 or 8 monthes but i'm not that type of person....

There is about 70 hours of work on the V btw.......

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Right now the waiting time for one of my guitars is 2 monthes, its about to go up to 4 monthes because i'm very busy with orders...

And yes I work like a crazy sicko for hours and hours in my workshop, sometimes up to 12 hours a day if I feel like it...

Of course I could blablabla and tell my customers to wait 7 or 8 monthes but i'm not that type of person....

There is about 70 hours of work on the V btw.......

Wow, that's a very good turn around. 2 months is like Carvin territory. Even 4 months is almost unheard of for a full custom.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
I'm also very lucky to be ambidextrial (being a real left handed btw) so I can file with my left or right hand and I see things on both sides much faster sometimes...

Like for exemple right now i'm building a left handed 4 string bass (pics soon to come in a new thread).......

In my head its like if i'm building a right handed bass because it does not bother me to build it left handed....

RenegadeDave

Huge nerd
Reaction score
Wow, that's a very good turn around. 2 months is like Carvin territory. Even 4 months is almost unheard of for a full custom.

Does Carvin uses CNC machines to cut their blanks? I would assume they do which is why they're able to crank them out so quickly. He's hand building the whole thing in the same amount of time. Quite impressive.

Reaction score
Well ,that's lot's of work done with minimum time Patrick!
I remeber myself sanding my RG to refinish and scalloping it ,and I know how time consuming it was. I am not a luthier and don't have the workflow ofcourse ,but still ,it's very impressive!

Cheers man!

Latest posts

')