Building BlackDroïd 7V

Hybrid138

Reaction score
i think what he meant was that you put the string straight through the hole. then you wind it a full rotation, all the way around, 360 degrees, letting the string wrap around above the string hole, so it lays on top of the string.

then, when you keep winding from there, you let the string go under it instead.

it's hard as hell to explain though, it's easier to show it :p
Oh! Ok, I think I get it now. When you wind for the first rotation, make the string wind above the excess string you put through the hole. By the excess string, I mean if you pull the string all the way through the hole there is about 5 inches of extra string and you wind while holding the extra string. If you put it above the excess string for the first rotation, you will be above the hole. Then you can continue to wind so it goes under the excess string, as it would normally. Thanks very much to both of you. I now understand why it was hard to explain. I had trouble explaining it myself and I'm sure I don't make much sense in writing either.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AeonSolus

DO CEO / RHLC ©
Reaction score
I can just say, WOW!, this thread has become epic like all the others you've posted 'till the date, So informative and entertaining, belive it or not, i read all the 23 pages of it, which is rare to me because i just normally read several lines from the thread itself and get tired of reading. whatever you do on it, even cleaning it with a napkin, keep us posted, this will be the most epic 7 string V EVER build :agreed: not because of anything less than it being a Hufschmid Guitar

PD: i hope you don't mind, but i'm starting a worshiping army in your name ;)

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
I can just say, WOW!, this thread has become epic like all the others you've posted 'till the date, So informative and entertaining, belive it or not, i read all the 23 pages of it, which is rare to me because i just normally read several lines from the thread itself and get tired of reading. whatever you do on it, even cleaning it with a napkin, keep us posted, this will be the most epic 7 string V EVER build :agreed: not because of anything less than it being a Hufschmid Guitar

PD: i hope you don't mind, but i'm starting a worshiping army in your name ;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now that avatar is awesome!

Thanks for your kind words man :)

Heeboja

Crazy Finn that is
Reaction score
:lol: The hufpacket opener :lol:

Nah. I think you need a knife that's a bit more masculine. Something that both Crocodile Dundee and Rambo deem true. Something like this:
RamboSurvivalKnife.jpg

See. You have a handle full of crap. And natural edges like your guitar.

Oh. And a killer V you are building as well. I'm not a V guy, but that one appeals to me.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
yuh know Pat, i have never liked V's really, not evena fan of odd pointy guitars, but i would fuckin play that in a heart beat, shredding pure death metal goodness all over the place

\m/

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
it just looks so perfect! :D

i´m curious now as to what an explorer-type shape would look like in the hands of the huf :p

BRUTALIZER GUITARS

Reaction score
So man what do you use for the stain? Shane has been really in to your work and he would love to try something like this on his first guitar but im not even sure what your useing. Is it a home made stain?

')