Building BlackDroïd 7V

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
i like the stickers in the pickup cavity, very nice touch, and the final stick turned out great looking.

sepherus

The Crimson Comedian
Contributor
Reaction score
This is turning out amazing. I really love your headstock design.

Do you make all your guitars with a flat radius?

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
what i do when i'm slotting my nuts, instead of cutting a pencil in half like that, i just draw the line right where the nut and fretboard meet, and then measure up about 3/32" and draw a parallel line, then i shape it. your method is very interesting though.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Man, I check this thread every day for updates! It's making me want to build one myself (although I'm wise enough to know it's not as easy as you make it look). Very nice work!

SteveDendura

Reaction score
Patrick, I just saw the pics of the fretboard and they're awesome!!! Holy Smoke, it looks great! Thanks for all the cool pictures!!:hbang:

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
i was shaping a neck today, and i used a method inspired by you :lol: i used my disc sander to knock the back of the neck off flat after i notched it to depth on the 1st and 15th fret, and knocked off the excess with my bandsaw. it worked perfectly, and really made shaping the neck a lot easier.

Latest posts

')