Building BlackDroïd 7V

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
i was shaping a neck today, and i used a method inspired by you :lol: i used my disc sander to knock the back of the neck off flat after i notched it to depth on the 1st and 15th fret, and knocked off the excess with my bandsaw. it worked perfectly, and really made shaping the neck a lot easier.

You know what, I'm scared to death to knock off the excess with a band saw :lol:

I only do that with a router because I know that if I do it on a bandsaw i will screw up and i have screwed it up in the past on the band saw :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AeonSolus

DO CEO / RHLC ©
Reaction score
i always get confused when people talk about sand paper gauges, like when i listen two asian dudes chatting :lol:, but anyway, it's as brutal as always, can't wait to see it done man ;)

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
i always get confused when people talk about sand paper gauges, like when i listen two asian dudes chatting :lol:, but anyway, it's as brutal as always, can't wait to see it done man ;)

lol what confuses you?

When I was in red wing, my teacher told me about 1200 grit sandpaper and that i must never listen to somebody who is using that grit because at that point its psychological preference :rofl:

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
You know what, I'm scared to death to knock off the excess with a band saw :lol:

I only do that with a router because I know that if I do it on a bandsaw i will screw up and i have screwed it up in the past on the band saw :lol:

i had about 1/4 inch of excess, so i felt ok knocking it off with the bandsaw :lol:

hanachanmaru

Reaction score
have browsed thru these wonderful build of these rare swiss made guitars !!! excellent work.. but too pricy for an asian poor like me lol

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Ultra-sound?

Thats frikkin' awesome :) (get the strings on!)

I dont know the name in english, its to clean jewlerry...

It likes create ultra sound so intensively that it makes bubbles and acts like a very deep cleaning system....

I have no idea of the name in english....

here we say Machine à Ultra Son.....

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
I dont know the name in english, its to clean jewlerry...

It likes create ultra sound so intensively that it makes bubbles and acts like a very deep cleaning system....

I have no idea of the name in english....

here we say Machine à Ultra Son.....

its just an ultra sonic cleaner, we had one on the submarine i was on, though it was much larger, and built into the ship lol

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
So now its ready to accept the pickups also :)
I like it to be as clean as possible in there with clean solder joints...
l_bf38a566cc314f63bf85dbd1a7084099.jpg

l_648827fe870d456eaeac9ebb36b8c547.jpg

String are now on, the best part of the entire process :shred::shred::shred:
I do not measure string height, I just slot and the string height is ok when Its right to me...
l_8f01ac633bab4bedb4be6f540fbfe08a.jpg

l_a89e1b7865694498b5b3f6c8977d1377.jpg

l_ef982ea0c8954f1fa4ac40798ad08bc1.jpg

You wont believe the sustain... wait and see :agreed:

As I'm sure a lot of people will say - that is absolutely bloody win :)

PirateMetalTroy

The Tooth Fairy
Reaction score
Looking good, but there's two thing that make me go :ugh:

That string tree looks...out of place. maybe if it color matched a little with the rest of the black hardware it wouldn't look so funny. The second is the pic of the strings running over the nut. There seems to be a LOT of space from the edge of the board and the low string. Just something that i noticed and I've played a couple guitars with too much space at the edge of the fretboard and it bothers me.

Unless of course that's just a trick of the camera, making it look really far away. How about an aerial view just so I can rest easy?

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Looking good, but there's two thing that make me go :ugh:

That string tree looks...out of place. maybe if it color matched a little with the rest of the black hardware it wouldn't look so funny. The second is the pic of the strings running over the nut. There seems to be a LOT of space from the edge of the board and the low string. Just something that i noticed and I've played a couple guitars with too much space at the edge of the fretboard and it bothers me.

Unless of course that's just a trick of the camera, making it look really far away. How about an aerial view just so I can rest easy?

Thanks for the comment.

Indeed it looks big its a camera trick...
But i'm not a fan of edge strings at all myself but on your guitar I will set it up to be close to the edge if you wish, everything is possible, its just basic set up :)

The string retainer is homemade from solid brass and I will not paint it black. Actually the paint they put on string retainers is a totally different process and it is not simply painted black sorry....

')