Building BlackDroïd 7V

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hoj0

Reaction score
Awesome-looking V there :yesway:

The woods are really beatiful.:bowdown:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
your build picstories are always fun! :D

i always sit around waiting nervoulsy for the next part, so i can see the progress :p

okay, i don´t sit around, but i check in every once in a while! :p

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
your build picstories are always fun! :D

i always sit around waiting nervoulsy for the next part, so i can see the progress :p

okay, i don´t sit around, but i check in every once in a while! :p

I try to not take pics of building parts which are not entertaining to watch because if I would take pictures of every step i would have something like 3000 pictures :nuts: :lol:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
yeah, i can imagine:

"here i´m filing the 5th fret"

"here i´m filing the 6th fret"

"here i´m filing the 7th fret"

and so on and so on haha :p

it´s better to have pictures that show the progress properly though, so there´s a nice bit of change between each update. that way, it doesn´t feel like it´s taking forever :p

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
Awesome job :agreed:
also detailed progress pics is something what will show how guitar should be build and how much work it requires :metal:

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Awesome job :agreed:
also detailed progress pics is something what will show how guitar should be build and how much work it requires :metal:

Aw thank you so much Apophis, I dont think I have your talent but I try my best to build quality :)

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Now believe me or not but I will let it cure in peace for 48 hours... I know its pointless but thats the way I do it...

it´s not pointless though, i remember mike sherman told me the necks would sit and cure for 2 days before he would continue. letting the glue cure 100% is good, because (i assume) if the glue isn´t totally cured, and you continue working on the guitar, the glue could loosen somewhere in the middle, where it´s still soft. it won´t make the two pieces less glued together, but there won´t be 100% contact between the woods in those spots.

is that even remotely correct? :D

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Yes mister Sherman is 100% correct :agreed:

Well the contact is there anyway, but its more about the glue in the center which will take more time to cure...

This will also let the good amount of time to the silicone cussion to dry...

Some of the rules in carpentry will not work for Guitar making.... :)

ah, so it´s just to be shure it´s totally cured, and not because the non-cured glue in the middle can be "disturbed" or something when you start handling it? could anything happen to it at all if you work with it without waiting for the middle to cure?

funny you should say that about carpentry, i always cry a little inside whenever i see a damn closet being made of super-awesome tonewood :p

"this table is made from 500 years old honduran mahogany! it´s purpose is to look pretty, so we can spill our fucking soup all over it!" :noplease:

also, quilted maple closets... wtf? :p

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
The neck will warp if not properly cured and the fingerboard will look like a bow and you wont be able to adjust the truss rod and the neck will crack....

ah, see, that´s what i thought. there has to be some sort of consequence! :p

')