Building BlackDroïd 7V

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
great thread patrick, you're a very meticulous builder. your philosophy is pretty different from mine, but there is no mistaking your craftsmanship. its also cool to see how you do so much with such limited tooling and workspace, i especially have appreciation for that, because i'm in much the same boat, it takes a lot of ingenuity to build guitars without a lot of tools at your disposal.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Adam, I appreciate a lot :)

Yeah, whats annoying is to have to go to your carpenter friend to go and plane the wood...

Because a pro planer is expensive and will not fit in a 5 square meter workshop :lol:

:lol: i definitely need a new planer, my planer, while not horrible, only has 1 blade, and the blades like to get little knicks in em. and 5m by 5m is about what i'm working with too :lol:

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
:lol: i definitely need a new planer, my planer, while not horrible, only has 1 blade, and the blades like to get little knicks in em.

I only have 5 power tools, a drill press, a router, a tiny band saw, a small sanding machine and a mouse sanding machine....

All the rest, I must always go to see my carpenter friend which can suck sometimes if he is closed, then I end up waiting like an idiot until he opens again......

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
I only have 5 power tools, a drill press, a router, a tiny band saw, a small sanding machine and a mouse sanding machine....

All the rest, I must always go to see my carpenter friend which can suck sometimes if he is closed, then I end up waiting like an idiot until he opens again......

i've got a little bit more. i'm working with a joiner, a planer, a 12" bandsaw, a 14" stand up drill press(which also acts as a buffer), a 25g air compressor, a rickety paint booth i made myself, and a 6" wide belt sander with a 9" disc sander on the side of it. oh and a palm sander and a router. everything else i do is by hand.

drawnQ

Reaction score
this thread is the reason i love this site.

keep up the awesome work!!

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
i've got a little bit more. i'm working with a joiner, a planer, a 12" bandsaw, a 14" stand up drill press(which also acts as a buffer), a 25g air compressor, a rickety paint booth i made myself, and a 6" wide belt sander with a 9" disc sander on the side of it. oh and a palm sander and a router. everything else i do is by hand.

Sweet man, I wish to become bigger one, thats my goal :agreed:

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Great thread, shows just how much love and care, and hard work you guys put into these guitars.

HANIAK

Reaction score
Great job! I wish I had the money to order you a custom... Hopefuly, one day I will.
MOAR PICS PLEASE!

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
that fretboard is amazing! it´s so understated, and goes so well with the mahogany!

needs more guinea-pig!

')