Building my first guitar

• Thread starter manimal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

manimal

Reaction score
Ive built countless basses before, but im now starting my first guitar build! Im calling it my strandbanez. Pretty much a cross of strandberg and ibanez. Tell me what you think!

Specs
8 string
27 inch scale 24 frets
"Galaxy ebony" fingerboard
Wenge 5 piece neck with thin maple veneers
Neck through w/ trapazoidal neck profile (not the endure neck)
Ash body wings with curly claro walnut top
Pickups will be dimarzio ionizers
5 way toggle with a volume knob
Dual action truss rod
Strandberg hardware

Now i gotta figure out how to post pics!

20140517_130844_zps0e1b7352.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TremontiFan16

Tyler Russell
Reaction score
Sounds cool,but I have to inspect it for quality....My address IS....
Anywho,It does look nice. Those ionizers,from what I've heard on YT are pretty cool sounding pickups.

kaaka

Reaction score
That is one good-looking body shape you designed. Very strat-like so it gives a traditional hint, but still modern with the headless spec.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
Reminds me of the old Voyager models, but with modern hardware. Should be interesting.

Also what the hell is "galaxy ebony"?

EDIT: Speaking of which, you doing the .strandberg* trem or is this a hardtail build?

manimal

Reaction score
Reminds me of the old Voyager models, but with modern hardware. Should be interesting.

Also what the hell is "galaxy ebony"?

EDIT: Speaking of which, you doing the .strandberg* trem or is this a hardtail build?

I dubbed the fingerboard galaxy ebony because of the grain pattern on it. It reminds me of a blurry shot of space.
As for the hardware im going all strandberg. No trem though. Just the mono bridges. I also have to upload a new shot of the body design as i have modded it more in the lower half. I brought the end of the wings up even more so there wasnt so much over hang and nonsense in the way of the tuners. I may even go further

')