Building my first small rack

• Thread starter Soulthief
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Soulthief

Toch maar vertalen?
Reaction score
Hi all,

I looking for some tips/checks on making my fist small rack unit.

I have a sennheiser ew-D wireless microphone and an ew IEM G4 coming in somewhere next week.
Of course I want to transport it safely.

So, my thoughts for now:
Planning of getting a 3 unit rack case.
1u for the mic and iem units, 1u for antenna extensions to the front and 1u of a drawer where I can store my microphone and belt pack.

On the back a power conditioner of some sort and an I/O extension bay (is this how it's called?) for easy access to go to foh.

Am I missing something? Or does this sounds like a plan?

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GreatGreen

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You could always try for some multi-effects unit that will let you do non-standard stuff with your vocals like add your own reverb and delay, your own compression, or maybe even something that will let you emulate double tracking and hard panning?

A flat EQ'd, totally uncompressed, mono vocal line panned straight down the middle for the entire show has always seemed like a waste to me. There's so much you can do with vocals in a studio, and there's no reason you couldn't do all that same stuff live with how far effects units have come.

')