Building one of those small guitars with only six strings

flo

Reaction score
I forgot to mention this (I didn't forget it actually, I didn't dare to say it yet cause I might mess this up badly):

I'm planning to make some wooden pickup coves from the same wood as the fingerbord :)

The bridge will be made from Wilkinson saddles on a metal plate. That's at least half-way paying attention to helferlains advice ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
It looks already reall cool. I would be interested to hear the attack and bass control on this build. The neck/upper part connection is very long, and I would like to know the effect on the sound.
Cheers!

flo

Reaction score
Happy you like it :)

Yeah the connection between the body and neck is quite strong, witch should lead to a stiff overall construction with a well-defined bass, and an even sustain. But the woods on the other hand are rater light and resonant, which I think should open up the sound again. Let's see what wins!

Reaction score
Happy you like it :)

Yeah the connection between the body and neck is quite strong, witch should lead to a stiff overall construction with a well-defined bass, and an even sustain. But the woods on the other hand are rater light and resonant, which I think should open up the sound again. Let's see what wins!

I am pumped.
Mach ma hinne alda, wir warten alle hier :) Hahahahahaha:yesway::shred:

Reaction score
Hetz' mich net :lol:

Just went to the bank to transfer some money to thomann. Frets and switches and a lot of other things are on the way so I can continue :)

:scream:
Hehehehe. is ja gut :)

Cool stuff! Hope the DHL doesn't torture you as they did last time with me!
Gutes Schaffen Mensch!
Cheers!

flo

Reaction score
Well, some of the parts are sold out, they sad it should take 2-5 days to get them. A week ago :lol:

I've done some minimal progress though with the trussrod, glued two stripes of carbon fiber together with some epoxy glue.

Feel free to add tags in the meantime if you are bored....

minorlive

Reaction score
Looking great man! I'm sure I'll be back in this thread asking a few questions for my similar build haha

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
And on the other side of the pond I'm ready to shoot myself from waiting for stuff to dry.

SD83

Reaction score
Well, some of the parts are sold out, they sad it should take 2-5 days to get them. A week ago :lol:
Thomann... last time I bought machine heads I waited for a months as they were sold out. Wrote them a mail & was told they might arrive a week or so later and would then be send immediately... they arrived three days later. I'm still sure they just lost the order somewhere in their system and didn't want to admit it. Fuck this, two of the most interesting projects with little to no progress (this includes scherzo's guitar... @scherzo: put that gun down :D ). :wallbash:

Linny

Reaction score
You have done a nice job but i think you should try a flap disc on a grinder to save a bit of time if you make another!

flo

Reaction score
Thank you all for the motivation :)

I'll go to my workshop today and see what I can do without the missing parts. Stay tuned for an update within the next few days.

Scherzo, if you shoot yourself I'll be seriously angry at you!! You'll be in deep trouble, I promise ;)

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
hey man, did you know it's actually really hard to find bike boxes? :lol:

commencing backup plan! :D

')